Different behavoir Release/Debug-build
Author Message
 Different behavoir Release/Debug-build

For a client/server-program I've built a common dll
for the messaging. Of course should the client and the
server use the same version of this dll.
Because I often forget to increment the version in a construct like
int Currentversion=5;
I use something like
CString DLLDate(__DATE__);
The Client asks the server for his DLLDate ans compares it with
its own. If it is the same - than I assume, that both use the same DLL.

That works fine, but sometimes I test the debug-version of the server
with the release-version of the client.

Sometimes, after I've used the build all-command I have a difference in the
DLLDate
and the release-dll and the debug-dll have nearly the same time.
OK, the dll-date and the string DLLDate should not be the same date (in
fact,
DLLDate is the date of the object-file in which the definition occurs).
What I have:
        release-dll: file-timestamp Oct 22 14:45 and DLLDate is Oct 22
        debug-dll: file-timestamp Oct 22 14:44 and DLLDate is Oct 21

But this difference means, that the debug-mode didn't compile the cpp-file
with
the implementation of DLLDate - but the release-mode did compile it.

And I ask myself why this behavoir?

Any help welcome. Thanks, Holger.

Sat, 09 Apr 2005 21:09:22 GMT

1. Different behavoir for Release/Debug build

2. different results between Debug/Release builds

3. _msize behaviour different in release and debug builds

4. Different return valus in Debug vs Release Build

5. HELP - Different behavior in Release and Debug Builds

6. Debug and release builds have different behavior??

7. Debug build breaks, Release build ok

8. Debug Build vs. Release Build

9. Debug Build works Release build doesn't?

10. Protection Violation in Release Build but not in Debug Build

11. Debug build works correctly but release build doesnt (sometimes)

12. Debug build works, release build crashes!