Class functions problem with the IDE
Author Message
 Class functions problem with the IDE

I have VC++ 6.0 Professional with Service Pack 5 installed.  Given the
example below:

File: box.h
class CBox  {
public:
 double Dribble();
 CBox Volume();
 CBox();
 virtual ~CBox();
private:
 double height;

Quote:
};

File: box.cpp
#include "Box.h"

CBox::CBox() {}
CBox::~CBox() {}
CBox CBox::Volume() {}
double CBox::Dribble() {}

going back between definitions and declarations of all functions works OK,
with the exception of Volume().  In fact, every function that I define with
a return type of the class itself (CBox in this example) will only take me
from declaration to the definition.  If I click on the Wizard bar to go from
definition to the declaration then I get the error "Cannot find the
declaration of this function."  What gives?

Thanks for any help,

Chris Kmiec

Sat, 03 Jul 2004 12:07:13 GMT
 Class functions problem with the IDE
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q253/7/48.ASP

Regards,

Felix Wu
=============

Need quick answers to questions like these? The Microsoft Knowledge Base provides a wealth of information that you can use to troubleshoot a problem or answer a
question! It's located at http://support.microsoft.com/support/c.asp?M=F>.

--------------------

Quote:

>Subject: Class functions problem with the IDE
>Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 22:07:13 -0600

>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vc.ide_general

>I have VC++ 6.0 Professional with Service Pack 5 installed.  Given the
>example below:

>File: box.h
>class CBox  {
>public:
> double Dribble();
> CBox Volume();
> CBox();
> virtual ~CBox();
>private:
> double height;
>};

>File: box.cpp
>#include "Box.h"

>CBox::CBox() {}
>CBox::~CBox() {}
>CBox CBox::Volume() {}
>double CBox::Dribble() {}

>going back between definitions and declarations of all functions works OK,
>with the exception of Volume().  In fact, every function that I define with
>a return type of the class itself (CBox in this example) will only take me
>from declaration to the definition.  If I click on the Wizard bar to go from
>definition to the declaration then I get the error "Cannot find the
>declaration of this function."  What gives?

>Thanks for any help,

>Chris Kmiec

Mon, 05 Jul 2004 10:54:36 GMT

1. custom class & ide problem

2. class view problem in IDE

3. VS7.0 IDE Problem (Can't add Message Handler Function)

4. VS7.0 IDE Problem (Can't add Message Handler Function)

5. IDE Question: classes disappearing from class view

6. Problems to call a function of another class

7. Class browser update problem with global variables / functions

8. Problems Using Function Pointers in C++ Classes

9. Problem: template function in template class

10. Problems Adding Functions With Class Wizard

11. mouse class function problem

12. Problem: template function in template class