Creating a Resource DLL
Author Message
 Creating a Resource DLL

Creating a resource-only DLL seems fairly simple. Is it just making a Win32
DLL in the wizard, edit some string-tables, and build it? I've not managed
to get a resource file loaded yet to test if it works or not, so the
compiling seemed kinda meaningless at this point. And I've found no steps on
the net to walk me through it.

Tom

Mon, 28 Jun 2004 06:04:38 GMT
 Creating a Resource DLL
You then also have to tell your program to *use* that resource DLL. How you
do that depends whether you are writing MFC or regular C++, but it
definitely works. It's very handy since static libs can't have resources.
Quote:

> Creating a resource-only DLL seems fairly simple. Is it just making a Win32
> DLL in the wizard, edit some string-tables, and build it? I've not managed
> to get a resource file loaded yet to test if it works or not, so the
> compiling seemed kinda meaningless at this point. And I've found no steps on
> the net to walk me through it.

> Tom

Mon, 28 Jun 2004 13:14:33 GMT

1. How do i create a resource dll ??

2. Creating a resource DLL in VC++ and calling from VB5

3. Creating a dialog from a resource template in Win32 dll

4. Create dialog in DLL from resource?

5. Q: create a toolbar from a resource in another dll

6. Creating a DLL as a Resource

7. I need to Create a DLL Resource, HOW?

8. create DLL with resources on the fly?

9. Create/Use a resource-only DLL with MFC

10. Creating resource DLL in VC++ 1.52: info needed

11. Resource DLL -> Resource.h

12. How to update resources from a resource DLL?