Use of environment variables in build
Author Message
 Use of environment variables in build

Hi all,

I am having some problems using environment variables in my builds. I am
running VC6.0 using Win95.
I have some projects that need to search the VC include directories first,
before searching the other directories in my include path. This is because
the other include directories contain some header files with the same name
(I know what you're thinking, but I'm not responsible; so I just have to
cope with it).
When I put the $(INCLUDE) directive first on my 'additional include path' in
the IDE, everything compiles fine, but when I then export the makefile and
run a make (after running vcvars32.bat) the VC include directories aren't
being searched first.
Now, when I define my own environment variable in vcvars32.bat and put that
as the first parameter in the 'additional include path', the IDE generates
an error on compile: it doesn't recognize the include paths after the $(INC)
directive. But, when I export the makefile and run it on the command line
everything works fine with this new environment variable. I would like to
keep my setting in the IDE synchronized with my makefile.

Has anyone coped with  this before?

Thanx in advance.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
F. van den Berg

Note: Please remove the xxx from e-mail address on reply

Mon, 02 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Use of environment variables in build
Assuming you mean you are running out of enviornment space just increase it
in your config.sys (or change to NT and ditch these old DOS problems).

shell=c:\command.com /P /E:1536

the number after /E: is the size
Jeff Lomax

www.genesis3d.com    (Free shooter source code and 3D Engine library)

Quote:
>Hi all,

>I am having some problems using environment variables in my builds. I am
>running VC6.0 using Win95.
>I have some projects that need to search the VC include directories first,
>before searching the other directories in my include path. This is because
>the other include directories contain some header files with the same name
>(I know what you're thinking, but I'm not responsible; so I just have to
>cope with it).
>When I put the $(INCLUDE) directive first on my 'additional include path'
in
>the IDE, everything compiles fine, but when I then export the makefile and
>run a make (after running vcvars32.bat) the VC include directories aren't
>being searched first.
>Now, when I define my own environment variable in vcvars32.bat and put that
>as the first parameter in the 'additional include path', the IDE generates
>an error on compile: it doesn't recognize the include paths after the
$(INC)
>directive. But, when I export the makefile and run it on the command line
>everything works fine with this new environment variable. I would like to
>keep my setting in the IDE synchronized with my makefile.

>Has anyone coped with  this before?

>Thanx in advance.

>--
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>F. van den Berg
>Software Engineer

>Note: Please remove the xxx from e-mail address on reply

Mon, 02 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Use of environment variables in build
No, my environment space is large enough, I have already increased it.

Quote:

>Assuming you mean you are running out of enviornment space just increase it
>in your config.sys (or change to NT and ditch these old DOS problems).

>shell=c:\command.com /P /E:1536

>the number after /E: is the size
>Jeff Lomax

>www.genesis3d.com    (Free shooter source code and 3D Engine library)

>>Hi all,

>>I am having some problems using environment variables in my builds. I am
>>running VC6.0 using Win95.
>>I have some projects that need to search the VC include directories first,
>>before searching the other directories in my include path. This is because
>>the other include directories contain some header files with the same name
>>(I know what you're thinking, but I'm not responsible; so I just have to
>>cope with it).
>>When I put the $(INCLUDE) directive first on my 'additional include path'
>in
>>the IDE, everything compiles fine, but when I then export the makefile and
>>run a make (after running vcvars32.bat) the VC include directories aren't
>>being searched first.
>>Now, when I define my own environment variable in vcvars32.bat and put
that
>>as the first parameter in the 'additional include path', the IDE generates
>>an error on compile: it doesn't recognize the include paths after the
>$(INC)
>>directive. But, when I export the makefile and run it on the command line
>>everything works fine with this new environment variable. I would like to
>>keep my setting in the IDE synchronized with my makefile.

>>Has anyone coped with  this before?

>>Thanx in advance.

>>--
>>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>F. van den Berg
>>Software Engineer

>>Note: Please remove the xxx from e-mail address on reply

Fri, 06 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Building for MSDOS environment using VS 6.0 VC++

2. Using environment variable in C source

3. how to create a new Environment variable using c#

4. Help with using getenv to access environment variables

5. using cpp and #include with environment variables

6. Using environment variables in RC files

7. Using environment variables for my project settings

8. Using environment variables

9. Using environment variables in RC files.

10. Using environment variables.

11. Compile time switch for Win2K/NT4 build environment ?

12. CView Missing in Build Environment List