MFC42.dll problem
Author Message
 MFC42.dll problem

Hi,

I have a DLL that was created with Visual C++ 5 which I recently recompiled
using Visual C++ 6.

When I copy the DLL over to another machine which already had the old DLL
there, I can't run it. It gives an error: "Could not find Ordinal number
6467
in MFC42.dll".

I tried to copy the MFC42.dll from my workstation too, but it
still gave me the same error even after rebooting. (The old DLL works fine
on both machines)

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Amit Kumar.

Fri, 18 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 MFC42.dll problem

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 MFC42.dll problem
When i put a CEdit item on the CView object, how can i make it a 3d look
rather then a plan rectangle??

Fri, 18 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 MFC42.dll problem
You need WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE style. Take a look at the following article:

How to Create Controls w/ a 3D Border at Run Time Using MFC
ID: Q132243

--
Ajay Kalra

Microsoft VC++/MFC MVP

NOTE: Please post all replies to newsgroup.

Quote:
> When i put a CEdit item on the CView object, how can i make it a 3d look
> rather then a plan rectangle??

Fri, 18 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 MFC42.dll problem

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 MFC42.dll problem
Ensure that you have copied mfc42.dll to the proper directory. Also ensure
that you have not made it a known dll (Q164501 Windows NT Uses KnownDLLs
Registry Entry to Find DLLs). You may want to install the latest ones as
per Q197298 Microsoft Libraries Update: What, Where, Why ?

I hope that you are dealing with the release build and not debug build.

Mon, 21 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 MFC42.dll problem

Quote:

>Ensure that you have copied mfc42.dll to the proper directory. Also ensure
>that you have not made it a known dll (Q164501 Windows NT Uses KnownDLLs
>Registry Entry to Find DLLs). You may want to install the latest ones as
>per Q197298 Microsoft Libraries Update: What, Where, Why ?

Thanks for the KB Article! Considering the date of the article (Feb.
7, 2000), I find it interesting its not on my April 2000 MSDN Library
CD.

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q197/2/98.ASP

--
Friends don't let friends void main() [C-FAQ 11.12, 11.14, 11.15]

Mon, 21 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. MFC42.dll Problem - AND How do I determine version

2. MFC42.dll problem

3. Mfc42*.dll problems

4. mfc42.dll-problem

5. MFC42.dll problem: Help

6. MFC42.dll problem

7. MFC42.DLL problem

8. Mfc42*.dll problems

9. MFC42.dll problem

10. MFC42.dll and MFC42.dll

11. msvcrt.dll mfc42.dll mfco42.dll

12. MSDEV Crasshes - PROBLEM IN MFC42.dll ??