Database settings -- Visual C++ used with Visual FoxPro database
Author Message
 Database settings -- Visual C++ used with Visual FoxPro database

Environment:
Operating System: Windows 98
Application: Warehouse inventory control and report generation
Database: Sever-based Visual FoxPro (tables, forms, labels, etc.)
Client application: Visual C++ (version 5.0 in Visual Studio 97)

I am trying to determine the project settings for my Visual C++ MFC database
application.

I have selected MFC AppWizard(exe) and SDI.

What do I select on the next screen?
None, or
Header files only, or
Database view without file support, or
Database view with file support

When I click the Data source button do I select ODBC or DAO?
Also, do I select Snapshot, Dynaset or Table?

Thank you for your help.

--
Michael

Fri, 19 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Visual FoxPro, Visual C++ and database settings

2. Using VC with Visual Foxpro Database

3. Visual Database CASE Tool and Code Generator for Visual C++

4. Accesing FoxPro Database from Visual C

5. ADO Object Command and the method CreateParameter to add a variant in a Visual FoxPro database

6. Copy Excel data into Access database using ADO for Visual C++

7. How to compact a password protected database with Visual C++ using ODBC

8. Using Access Database in Visual C++ 6.0

9. How to compact a password protected database with Visual C++ using ODBC

10. Accessing an MS-Access database file using Visual C++ 4.0

11. Visual FoxPro and Visual C++

12. How to compile Visual C++ 1.0 source code using Visual C++ 4.0