LINK : error : Internal error during SetupPhase
Author Message
 LINK : error : Internal error during SetupPhase

Hola,

I am using MSVC 6 (sp5) on win98SE.

When I link anything, I get the following error:
--------------------Configuration: test - Win32
Debug--------------------
Linking...
Microsoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 6.00.8447
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1992-1998. All rights reserved.
kernel32.lib
LINK : error : Internal error during SetupPhase
  ExceptionCode            = C0000005
  ExceptionFlags           = 00000000
  ExceptionAddress         = 00431EB9
  NumberParameters         = 00000002
  ExceptionInformation[ 0] = 00000000
  ExceptionInformation[ 1] = 006D0134
CONTEXT:
  Eax    = 006CF8E0  Esp    = 006CF8C8
  Ebx    = 7803AC20  Ebp    = 00004000
  Ecx    = 006EA1D4  Esi    = 006EA1F4
  Edx    = 0000000D  Edi    = 006EA201
  Eip    = 00431EB9  EFlags = 00010212
  SegCs  = 0000017F  SegDs  = 00000187
  SegSs  = 00000187  SegEs  = 00000187
  SegFs  = 00002AD7  SegGs  = 00000000
  Dr0    = 006CF8C8  Dr3    = 7803AC20
  Dr1    = 00004000  Dr6    = 006EA1D4
  Dr2    = 00000000  Dr7    = 00000000
Error executing link.exe.
Tool execution canceled by user.

I have checked all of the settings, but I do not see anything that
would cause this.

Anyone have this problem?

TIA

{*filter*}
*****
I never >try< anything
I just do it.

Wanna Try Me?
*****

http://www.*-*-*.com/ - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!

Wed, 10 Mar 2004 13:57:20 GMT
 LINK : error : Internal error during SetupPhase
Solution:
=========
Set the /INCREMENTAL flag as NO

This error is because of the incremental linking which causes internal
stack over flow.
The solution is to set the switch /incremental:no.

mj

Wed, 17 Mar 2004 10:26:47 GMT

1. Link : Internal error during SetupPhase

2. Compile error "Internal error during SetupPhase"

3. LINK : fatal error LNK1000: Internal error during BuildImage

4. LINK : error : Internal error during Pass1

5. LINK : error : Internal error during EmitMap

6. Link error: 'Internal error during ReadSymbolTable'

7. LINK : error : Internal error during EmitMap

8. LINK : error : Internal error during Pass1

9. LINK : error : Internal error during ReadSymbolTable

10. LINK : error : Internal error during EmitMap

11. LINK : error : Internal error during Pass1

12. Help! Link error: Internal error during IdentifyAssignedOrdinals