Dialogs - Rescources
Author Message
 Dialogs - Rescources

I wish to create a project which will use many of the dialog-boxes
already painstakingly created in an existing project.
Is there any way to 'import' these dialog-boxes, and their associated
classes, while mindful of existing Resourced_ID's and so on?
Grateful for any help,
Greg

Tue, 28 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Dialogs - Rescources

Open the .RC file in type "text" mode and drag them from the other .RC file
into your project. This will actually move them to your project so be sure
not to save the old .RC file (the one where the dialogs were originally).
In other words, cancel the file without saving.

HTH,

Tom

Quote:
> I wish to create a project which will use many of the dialog-boxes
> already painstakingly created in an existing project.
> Is there any way to 'import' these dialog-boxes, and their associated
> classes, while mindful of existing Resourced_ID's and so on?
> Grateful for any help,
> Greg

Tue, 28 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Dialogs - Rescources

Greg, I goofed in my inital response.  Don't open it in "text" mode, it's
easier if you just open in regularly (which will put a typical resource list
in the file window (on the right).  Then you can drag them right into a
resource window in your new project.

Sorry for the misqueue....

Tom

Quote:
> I wish to create a project which will use many of the dialog-boxes
> already painstakingly created in an existing project.
> Is there any way to 'import' these dialog-boxes, and their associated
> classes, while mindful of existing Resourced_ID's and so on?
> Grateful for any help,
> Greg

Tue, 28 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Dialogs - Rescources
Unfortunately, this solution doesn't address part of his requirements (being
mindful of resource ID's).  When you do this, it creates the resource with
the same ID it had in the original project, which can easily be a duplicate
ID of dialog you already have.

Quote:
> Greg, I goofed in my inital response.  Don't open it in "text" mode, it's
> easier if you just open in regularly (which will put a typical resource
list
> in the file window (on the right).  Then you can drag them right into a
> resource window in your new project.

> Sorry for the misqueue....

> Tom

Quote:
> > I wish to create a project which will use many of the dialog-boxes
> > already painstakingly created in an existing project.
> > Is there any way to 'import' these dialog-boxes, and their associated
> > classes, while mindful of existing Resourced_ID's and so on?
> > Grateful for any help,
> > Greg

Wed, 29 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Importing rescources from projects

2. Adding Another MFC Dialog to the Dialog base application

3. dialog in dialog - close problem

4. dialog in dialog

5. dialog within a dialog?

6. Modeless dialog in a dialog-based app

7. Dialogs/ Dialog editor ques: grouping, tabs and combobox

8. Standard Open Dialog in MFC-dialog apps

9. Trapping Keystrokes in a Dialog Box or Dialog based application

10. Accessing a parent dialog's controls from a child modeless dialog

11. Executing modal tabbed dialog from a dialog-based application

12. using derived Dialog class with Dialog Bar