VC 5.0 LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "LIBCD.lib"
Author Message
 VC 5.0 LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "LIBCD.lib"

I've got a simple console application that I wrote for OS/2 w/ C/Set++ and
have copied the source file (2 headers and 2 *.CPP files... One CPP is the
application, and the other should be compiled into an OBJ, then linked.)

When I try to build the EXE, I get this error:

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "LIBCD.lib"

Am I doing something wrong?
BTW, this is my VERY first VC++ application.
I'm using VC++ 5.0

Thanks for any guidence!

Sat, 30 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VC 5.0 LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "LIBCD.lib"

Quote:

> I've got a simple console application that I wrote for OS/2 w/ C/Set++ and
> have copied the source file (2 headers and 2 *.CPP files... One CPP is the
> application, and the other should be compiled into an OBJ, then linked.)

> When I try to build the EXE, I get this error:

> LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "LIBCD.lib"

> Am I doing something wrong?
> BTW, this is my VERY first VC++ application.
> I'm using VC++ 5.0

I don't have VC5 but when I installed VC6 I chosed to install the most
common parts of VC6. Then I discovered that there was some LIB:s missing
so I had to make a custom installation. Note: You con't have to
reinstall VC++ for this.

/Jonas U

Sat, 30 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VC 5.0 LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "LIBCD.lib"

Quote:

>> I've got a simple console application that I wrote for OS/2 w/ C/Set++
and
>> have copied the source file (2 headers and 2 *.CPP files... One CPP is
the
>> application, and the other should be compiled into an OBJ, then linked.)

>> When I try to build the EXE, I get this error:

>> LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "LIBCD.lib"

>> Am I doing something wrong?
>> BTW, this is my VERY first VC++ application.
>> I'm using VC++ 5.0

>I don't have VC5 but when I installed VC6 I chosed to install the most
>common parts of VC6. Then I discovered that there was some LIB:s missing
>so I had to make a custom installation. Note: You con't have to
>reinstall VC++ for this.

It turns out that I must have chosen "Partial CD install" or something like
that when installing VC++.  When I put my CD in the drive it found the files
it needed and compiled with no problems.

Thanks

Mon, 02 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Fatal LNK1104: Cannot open LIBCD.LIB

2. LNK1104: cannot open file "mfc42u.lib"

3. LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "mfc42u.lib"

4. LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "mfc42u.lib"

5. LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "uafxcw.lib"

6. LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "***.lib"

7. LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "uafxcwd.lib"

8. LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "nafxcwd.lib"

9. fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "mfc42u.lib"

10. fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "scnapi32.lib"

11. LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "TEMPFILE"

12. LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "TEMPFILE"