Beginner Problems with VC++ 6
Author Message
 Beginner Problems with VC++ 6

I am a beginner in VC++ and i would like to know how to make my
application more fun. I would like to know how to connect to TCPIP with
a socket ( I just work out how to use the library ) and how to use
directly through the driver the SCSI, ATAPI CDROM and TV-VIDEO card.

Can you help me

Thanks

Jerome Douay
PS: I am using MFC libraries for my application !

PS2: If you could answer to my e-mail that will be really good !

Tue, 13 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Beginner Problems with VC++ 6
Quote:
> I am a beginner in VC++ and i would like to know how to make my
> application more fun. I would like to know how to connect to TCPIP with
> a socket ( I just work out how to use the library ) and how to use
> directly through the driver the SCSI, ATAPI CDROM and TV-VIDEO card.

Check out "Socket samples" in the MSDN.  Some more examples are
in the platform SDK, or on www.codeguru.com in the network section.

Unless you are into writing device drivers, you cannot talk
directly to either a SCSI, ATAPI, or TV controller.  The closest
you can get are the DirectX style API's.  Look them up in
the MSDN :)

Fri, 16 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. beginner: problems going from vc++ 5 to 6.0

2. Beginner: Problems Using OLE Forms using VC++ 4.0

3. VC beginner's problem?

4. VC++ beginner problem.

5. beginner vc++ q (please redirect me if this is the wrong place)

6. A Beginner vc++ question

7. vc++ 5.0 to vc++ 6.0 problem

8. binary problem - beginner problem

9. help a beginner's question with vc!