Strange floppy drive seeks
Author Message
 Strange floppy drive seeks

Can someone please suggest what might be causing the following?

On one development machine I have (VC++ 6.0 SP3 on Win98SE) everytime I
build an OCX project, just after the "Linking..." message appears in
the Build window, my floppy (A:) drive does a few seeks.  Then the
build proceeds normally.

I know this doesn't sound like a big problem, but believe me when
you're in a tight edit/compile/link/test loop it starts wearing on you
pretty fast!

I've checked the directory settings within the IDE to see if A: is
listed anywhere...it isn't.  I've also checked all the project settings
I can think of, I don't seem to be able to find any reference to the
floppy drive.

Any suggestions?

Thanks...

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Tue, 25 Feb 2003 23:55:38 GMT
 Strange floppy drive seeks

See if disabling antivirus stops this, you may also want to try this in
Safe mode.

Wed, 26 Feb 2003 04:19:36 GMT

1. Floppy Drive Access

2. Detect Floppy In Drive EXAMPLE!!!!

3. Detecting Floppy Drive Error Under Windows 3.1

4. Notification when a floppy drive is inserted

5. Floppy Drive format

6. Reading floppy drives

7. Floppy drive accesses

8. For unclear reasons VC++5 accesses floppy-drive during build

9. flush floppy drive

10. Disable the floppy drive

11. Floppy Drive Format

12. _getdcwd() says A:\ exists even with no floppy in drive under Win32