Please Help! - Link Error LNK2005
Author Message
 Please Help! - Link Error LNK2005

Hi,

I am using Visual C++ v6.0 (with Visual Studio SP3 on WinNT 4 SP5) and
cannot resolve a link error when compiling a Window's app.

The error appears to reflect a conflict between the MFC and C++
libraries.  However, I am at a loss to solve it.

Can anyone offer some help?  The build error is shown below.
Thanks,
David Faltermier

========
Linking...

nafxcw.lib(afxmem.obj) : error LNK2005: "void * __cdecl operator

nafxcw.lib(afxmem.obj) : error LNK2005: "void __cdecl operator

.\Release/DOA.exe : fatal error

LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found

Error executing link.exe.

DOA.exe - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========

Fri, 05 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Please Help! - Link Error LNK2005
I fired up the help, search tab, and typed "lnk2005".

The very first article addressed your problem specifically.

It's unusual for the search to find solutions to problems like this quite so
easily, but you still have to try.

Quote:

--
.Bruce Dawson, Cavedog Entertainment.
Makers of Total Annihilation - http://www.cavedog.com

Fri, 05 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Please Help! - Link Error LNK2005

2. help- Link error LNK2005

3. PRB: LNK2005 Errors When Link C Run-Time Libraries Are Linked Before MFC Libraries (Q148652)

4. Link Errors : error LNK2005 and LNK2004

5. LNK2005 Link errors when doing Release Build??

6. link problem, error LNK2005 using CSocket

7. LNK2005 Link errors when doing Release Build??

8. Link error (LNK2005) - Any suggestions

9. Please help, ATL with MFC support Link error

10. _cdecl confusion, link error, Please Help

11. Link error L5000 with MSC - Please help

12. Linking error, someone help me please