cannot run VC++ 6 on win2K/win98SE
Author Message
 cannot run VC++ 6 on win2K/win98SE

Hi I cannot run my Visual C++ 6.0 on a machine dual boot w/ win98SE+win2000.
Both OS are in FAT32 so they can see each other. The WIN98SE is on C:\ and
D:\, while the win2k is on E:/

I tied install visual studio on both OS and all the parts work except VC on
both OS. eg. Visual Basic works fine on win98/2k. But when I run VC, under
win2k, i got error like "....cannot access 0x10101010, the memory can only
be read" so I suspect it runs on the memory address reserved for OS.

I have no idea why I can't use VC now. I had another machine dual boot
win98(not SE) + NT4. and VC works fine on both OS (althought on that
machine, I am using FAT32 + NTFS).

Do I need to install some other things, like service pack or whatsoever?

Thanks for any advice,
wing

Sun, 02 Mar 2003 14:12:43 GMT
 cannot run VC++ 6 on win2K/win98SE

23:12:43 -0700, managed to coherently babble:

?
?Do I need to install some other things, like service pack or
whatsoever?

My solution was to get more computers. One operating system per.

V.
*****
I never >try< anything
I just do it.

Wanna Try Me?
*****

Sun, 02 Mar 2003 22:04:42 GMT

1. DLL Hell - Running apps on both Win2K and Win98SE

2. DLL Hell - Running apps on both Win2K and Win98SE

3. Win98SE vs. Win2K error

4. App built with VC++6 on Win2K not running on NT4 because of MSVCRT.DLL

5. New to VC - App cannot run if compiled with RT_MANIFEST resource

6. Cannot find or run C:\Program Files\DevStudio\VC\bin\hcrtf.exe

7. Cannot run Debug Builds in VC++ 5.0

8. VC DLL cannot run with VB Application

9. Cannot run Debug Builds in VC++ 5.0

10. Cannot run Debug Builds in VC++ 5.0

11. vc++ 5.0; win2k - cant attach to process

12. HELP: Problem running C# Prgs on win2k-Permission issue?(oops i asked it again)