VC 6.0 crashes with .Net RC1
Author Message
 VC 6.0 crashes with .Net RC1

I've been running .Net Std/Ent Server on my development
machine for months, and use VC6+SP5 without problems.
Yesterday I upgraded to RC1 of .Net Ent and every time I
click a button in the menu bar the program crashes with a
memory error.

Incidently our own application also crashes with a C++ RTL
error. I assume that between Beta 3 and RC1 there must
have been some change which makes these programs fail.

Tried to re-install VC and SP5, but to no avail.

I searched KB on issues but couldn't find anything. Any
pointers or ideas?

Sun, 16 Jan 2005 22:02:29 GMT
 VC 6.0 crashes with .Net RC1
Do you mean after you upgrade VS .NET to RC1 version, your VC 6 and your
application will crash?

Could you debug into your application to get more information of the crash?

I need more information of the error to troubleshoot the problem.

Mon, 17 Jan 2005 16:20:08 GMT
 VC 6.0 crashes with .Net RC1
I'm afraid you will have to wait for the release version of the product.

Tue, 18 Jan 2005 11:38:29 GMT
 VC 6.0 crashes with .Net RC1

Quote:

I find that a disappointing answer. This not only affects
VC but our own application as well, and your conclusion
would imply that we could not make any progress in getting
our application ready for .Net until .Net releases.

My impresison of the problem is that there was a change in
either one of the MFC or MSVCRT DLLs which is causing this
problem, making it potentially incompatible with a large
range of older application. I would assume that this is
big enough of an issue to be addressed?

Fri, 21 Jan 2005 23:45:15 GMT

1. upgrade of dll from vc++ 6.0 to vc++.net

2. backward compatibility vc++ .net vc++ 6.0

3. Link Errors in VC.net that don't appear in VC 6.0

4. vc 6.0 and vc .NET

5. Upgrading VC 6.0 custom appwizard application to VC .NET

6. ASP.NET application with Windows.NET RC1

7. vc++ 6.0 crashes when opening a file

8. opengl enabled view crashing in nt2000 MFC MDI VC 6.0 app

9. MFC app crashes using new VC 6.0 libraries

10. VC .NET crashes

11. Problem converting VC++ 6.0 project to VC++.net

12. Problem porting ATL project from VC++ 6.0 to VC++.NET 2003