Build & build again
Author Message
 Build & build again

Brand new to this IDE..
I click on the button 'build'...it builds...
I click on the button '!'  to execute the prog....
and it puts up his dialog box sayin...
'yer exe, an some 'o yer obj's are needin built'
Searched micro',s site fer any help, ....
Found something to do with nmake, but it was out of date...
The fault is intermittent, as I wrote a short macro
puting 'Build' in a 5 times loop.....
About 1 build out of 3 it try's to build 2 o 3 times.......
Weird.........

Wed, 16 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Build & build again
Yeh I've seen this problem. I'm afraid I don't have an answer. The only
thing I can say is that it doesn't seem to happen on Windows NT or Windows
2000 and I use VC6.0 SP3 on Windows NT all day long with a large multi
project app.

Are you running Windows 98?

Quote:
> Brand new to this IDE..
> I click on the button 'build'...it builds...
> I click on the button '!'  to execute the prog....
> and it puts up his dialog box sayin...
> 'yer exe, an some 'o yer obj's are needin built'
> Searched micro',s site fer any help, ....
> Found something to do with nmake, but it was out of date...
> The fault is intermittent, as I wrote a short macro
> puting 'Build' in a 5 times loop.....
> About 1 build out of 3 it try's to build 2 o 3 times.......
> Weird.........

Sun, 20 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Build & build again
If you are building over a network then you may see some problems. See
Q130615 PRB: Unwanted Rebuilds Occur When Using NMAKE or Visual C++

Mon, 21 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Build & build again
I'm running Windows 95, VC6.0 (Standard) with SP3 installed.
It shows up clearly if you Build in a VB Script loop.
It doesn't slow me down any, its just niggly (?)
:-)
Quote:

>Yeh I've seen this problem. I'm afraid I don't have an answer. The only
>thing I can say is that it doesn't seem to happen on Windows NT or Windows
>2000 and I use VC6.0 SP3 on Windows NT all day long with a large multi
>project app.

>Are you running Windows 98?

>> Brand new to this IDE..
>> I click on the button 'build'...it builds...
>> I click on the button '!'  to execute the prog....
>> and it puts up his dialog box sayin...
>> 'yer exe, an some 'o yer obj's are needin built'
>> Searched micro',s site fer any help, ....
>> Found something to do with nmake, but it was out of date...
>> The fault is intermittent, as I wrote a short macro
>> puting 'Build' in a 5 times loop.....
>> About 1 build out of 3 it try's to build 2 o 3 times.......
>> Weird.........

Mon, 21 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Build & build again
I've seen that one, thanks :-)

Its similar but my prob is that VC thinks the targets are
not up to date, whereas a quick look at the dates on the files
using explorer shows they are, and the resulting exe runs
with changes in place (?)

i.e. I click build, then I click the (!) to run, a message box pops up
saying things need built, I then click (no) so as not to build
and the exe runs as it should.

I never have any problem if I click (!) and press (yes) to build.

Quote:
>If you are building over a network then you may see some problems. See
>Q130615 PRB: Unwanted Rebuilds Occur When Using NMAKE or Visual C++

Mon, 21 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Have to build .exe again and again!

2. Rebuild/build forces me to do it again when running

3. Blue screen on Custom Build Step (again)

4. Building C++ projects (again)

5. Unable to build ReleaseMinSize - Debug version builds fine.

6. Debug build breaks, Release build ok

7. ANNOUNCE: Automate your software builds with Visual Build and VSMake

8. ANN: Automate your software builds with Visual Build and VSMake

9. Commands in the custom build causes building to hang

10. Debug Build vs. Release Build

11. Automate Your Software Builds with Visual Build 2.0

12. problems with project build order using Batch Build