Adding a separator when configuring menus in VC6
Author Message
 Adding a separator when configuring menus in VC6

Hey, All-

I guess the title pretty much sums it up.  When I'm configuring a menu in
the IDE, I'd like to add a separator to group items more clearly, but I
can't figure out how.

Is it possible?

Thanks in advance!

John Wismar

Wed, 09 Jul 2003 08:55:14 GMT
 Adding a separator when configuring menus in VC6
go to the menu you edit, then to the last (still empty )position,
right-click, properties: in the property dialog box you have a checkbox to
make the entry a separator. if you want to put a separator between two
already existing items, create at the end a "dummy one" (which ou can delete
afterwards), then (right-click-) copy it and then select the item before
which you want to insert the separator and paste it in. you can then use any
already inserted separator as source for further separators.

hth

Quote:
> Hey, All-

> I guess the title pretty much sums it up.  When I'm configuring a menu in
> the IDE, I'd like to add a separator to group items more clearly, but I
> can't figure out how.

> Is it possible?

> Thanks in advance!

> John Wismar

Fri, 11 Jul 2003 20:37:56 GMT
 Adding a separator when configuring menus in VC6

Quote:
> go to the menu you edit, then to the last (still empty )position,
> right-click, properties: in the property dialog box you have a
> checkbox to make the entry a separator. if you want to put a
> separator between two already existing items, create at the end
> a "dummy one" (which ou can delete afterwards), then (right-
> click-) copy it and then select the item before which you want
> to insert the separator and paste it in. you can then use any
> already inserted separator as source for further separators.

> hth

Thank you for the reply.  Unfortunately, there are a few discrepancies
between your explanation and what I find when I configure menus in VC6,
1) there is no "empty" menu item at the end of the menu, 2), when I
right-click on an existing mneu item, there's no "Properties" menu
item, and there's no "Separator" checkbox to click, and 3) I can't
select existing separator items at all, so I can't copy and paste them.

Is there a separate "Edit Menus" command that I'm missing that would
give me these features?  I've been using the "Tools | Customize..."
option to perform this menu editing.

Thanks in advance for any help.

John Wismar

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Sat, 19 Jul 2003 01:04:11 GMT

1. Adding Menu Separators

2. How to configure VC6 to edit C#?

3. Owner-draw menu and separators

4. how to delete separator in menu??

5. Menu Separator + Text

6. Menu with vertical separator

7. VC++: Dynamic Menu Changes - In Particular Separators

8. help working with context menus and adding menu items dynamically

9. Adding a menu item to the explorers menus

10. Adding a popup- or sub-menu to a menu, runtime

11. how can I add myself menu item to default RichEdit system menu?(jchen)

12. how can I add myself menu item to CEdit right click menu?(jchen)