Switching between header and implementation file ?
Author Message
 Switching between header and implementation file ?

Is there any keyboard shortcut for quickly switching from your .h to the
corresponding .cpp file (and vice versa) in the VC++ IDE (used to do this
all the time using the space bar in CodeWarrior on the Mac...) ?
Koen

Tue, 29 Jun 2004 08:28:52 GMT
 Switching between header and implementation file ?
There is a macro available to do this
(http://www.codeguru.com/devstudio_macros/open_current_header.shtml), which
can be assigned to a shortcut key.  But you need to go out and buy Visual
Assist, which has this (but more importantly, several other useful features)
built in -- http://www.wholetomato.com.

Automate your software builds with Visual Build
http://www.kinook.com

Quote:
> Is there any keyboard shortcut for quickly switching from your .h to the
> corresponding .cpp file (and vice versa) in the VC++ IDE (used to do this
> all the time using the space bar in CodeWarrior on the Mac...) ?
> Koen

Tue, 29 Jun 2004 22:06:42 GMT
 Switching between header and implementation file ?
Absolutely go buy Visual Assist (see other reply from Kyle Alons); it's worth
every penny.  Also, go and get WndTabs at http://www.wndtabs.com  .  For about
$7 registration fee (a steal!), you get the "extended" version, which will
automatically open the corresponding .Cpp or .H whenever you open one of them.
It displays tabs across the bottom of your source editing pane, showing the
files you have open.  It's hard to describe how wonderful this is -- just go
have a look for yourself.

(BTW, I get no personal gain by you buying either of these products.  I'm just a
very satisfied customer of both.)

Tue, 29 Jun 2004 23:08:11 GMT
 Switching between header and implementation file ?
OK. No built-in functionality it seems.
Thanks for the info guys ! I'll have a look at the things you proposed !
Koen

Quote:
> Absolutely go buy Visual Assist (see other reply from Kyle Alons); it's
worth
> every penny.  Also, go and get WndTabs at http://www.wndtabs.com  .  For
about
> $7 registration fee (a steal!), you get the "extended" version, which will
> automatically open the corresponding .Cpp or .H whenever you open one of
them.
> It displays tabs across the bottom of your source editing pane, showing
the
> files you have open.  It's hard to describe how wonderful this is -- just
go
> have a look for yourself.

> (BTW, I get no personal gain by you buying either of these products.  I'm
just a
> very satisfied customer of both.)

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 06:35:17 GMT

1. How does compiler find the implementation files for header files

2. Organizing separate header and implementation files?

3. Implementation in header or cpp file?

4. C Header files including header files, mutually referencing typedefs

5. STL header files vs non-STL header files

6. Implementation of pure virtual destructor in header?

7. header in header files

8. Header files shall not #include any other headers

9. #ifndef/#ifdef problems in my header file (conditional header inclusion)

10. Header precompilation switch in VC++ 5?

11. my implementation file became oddly binary file

12. problems using one header file for multiple source files