Dialog box scrollbar
Author Message
 Dialog box scrollbar

I checked "horizontal scroll" and "vertical scroll" in my dialog box's
properties styles tab.  When the OnVScroll or OnHScroll functions are
called, the passed in pointer to either scrollbar is NULL.  The end result
is that the scrollbars do not have any affect.  How can I get the pointer to
these scroll bars which were created by clicking the corresponding
checkboxes in the properties?

--
Charles Rissmeyer -  Engineering
StorageTek SNBG

Tue, 20 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Dialog box scrollbar
Hi Chuck,

EnumChildWindows
The EnumChildWindows function enumerates the child windows that belong to
the specified parent window by passing the handle to each child window, in
turn, to an application-defined callback function. EnumChildWindows
continues until the last child window is enumerated or the callback function
returns FALSE.

BOOL EnumChildWindows(
  HWND hWndParent,         // handle to parent window
  WNDENUMPROC lpEnumFunc,  // pointer to callback function
  LPARAM lParam            // application-defined value
);

Since scrollbar is a child window this API should help you to get the handle
to scroll bar.
Kindly get back to me for more help and let me know whether it helped.

regards
Vinod Shanbhag

www.e-supportpoint.com

Quote:

>I checked "horizontal scroll" and "vertical scroll" in my dialog box's
>properties styles tab.  When the OnVScroll or OnHScroll functions are
>called, the passed in pointer to either scrollbar is NULL.  The end result
>is that the scrollbars do not have any affect.  How can I get the pointer
>these scroll bars which were created by clicking the corresponding
>checkboxes in the properties?

>--
>Charles Rissmeyer -  Engineering
>StorageTek SNBG

Mon, 10 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. getting scrollbar values on a dialog box

2. Modeless dialog box together with modal dialog box

3. activating a button on a dialog box from a dialog box

4. Dialog box in a dialog box

5. transfer data from one dialog box to another dialog box

6. PBM: Message box not displayed after main dialog box is closed in MFC dialog-based app

7. set an arbitrary printer driver in print dialog box without showing the print dialog box

8. how to set an arbitrary printer driver in print dialog box without showing the dialog box

9. Scrollbar with box sized to fit view

10. Using horizontal scrollbar in list box

11. Transfer of data from an edit box in one dialog box to a list box in another dialog box II

12. ClistCtrl ScrollBar and ScrollBar range