VC6/NT5 Beta2: access denied to component gallery?
Author Message
 VC6/NT5 Beta2: access denied to component gallery?

Hi, folks.. I've got a problem that's driving me nuts. I'm sure
it's something simple but I just can't find it. I've got 2 NT5
Beta 2 machines, both with VC6. One's got VC6 SP2, one
doesn't. Both have the same problem.

When I try to use the component gallery to add something - any
Visual C++ Component or ActiveX Control - to my project,
I get a message box saying "Cannot access this file. Check
security privileges over the network drive."

There shouldn't be any network stuff involved - everything is
installed on local drives. I'm logged on as an administrator, I've
tried reinstalling, uninstalling then installing.. Don't know what
else do try..
Any ideas?
-Dave

Tue, 25 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VC6/NT5 Beta2: access denied to component gallery?

Quote:
> Hi, folks.. I've got a problem that's driving me nuts. I'm sure
> it's something simple but I just can't find it. I've got 2 NT5
> Beta 2 machines, both with VC6. One's got VC6 SP2, one
> doesn't. Both have the same problem.

> When I try to use the component gallery to add something - any
> Visual C++ Component or ActiveX Control - to my project,
> I get a message box saying "Cannot access this file. Check
> security privileges over the network drive."

> There shouldn't be any network stuff involved - everything is
> installed on local drives. I'm logged on as an administrator, I've
> tried reinstalling, uninstalling then installing.. Don't know what
> else do try..
> Any ideas?

Yeah - don't try to do real work on a beta operating system.

--
Jim Johnson
Metaphoric Software

Tue, 25 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VC6/NT5 Beta2: access denied to component gallery?

Quote:
>When I try to use the component gallery to add something - any
>Visual C++ Component or ActiveX Control - to my project,
>I get a message box saying "Cannot access this file. Check
>security privileges over the network drive."

Dave,

I had the same problem with NT5 B2, I think it'll be resolved in W2K
B3 which I presume will be made available through MSDN as soon as its
available.

Dave Lowndes
----
there's no need for follow up email copies.
http://www.bj.co.uk

Sat, 29 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VC6/NT5 Beta2: access denied to component gallery?
Groovy. Thanks for the info...
-Dave
Quote:

>>When I try to use the component gallery to add something - any
>>Visual C++ Component or ActiveX Control - to my project,
>>I get a message box saying "Cannot access this file. Check
>>security privileges over the network drive."

>Dave,

>I had the same problem with NT5 B2, I think it'll be resolved in W2K
>B3 which I presume will be made available through MSDN as soon as its
>available.

>Dave Lowndes

Mon, 01 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Can't load debug symbols on NT5 [server] Beta2

2. Problem converting VC6 ATL component to a .NET 2003 VC ATL component

3. Component Gallery

4. Unable to use ATL wizard in VC6 after using ATL wizard in VC7 dot net beta2

5. Component gallery

6. Using The Component Gallery

7. Component Gallery

8. Creating gallery components

9. Component and Control Gallery Problem

10. Component Gallery problem

11. Putting class templates in component gallery

12. component gallery