VC++ 6.0 - intellisense stops working after edit 
Author Message
 VC++ 6.0 - intellisense stops working after edit

Hi

I am a VB programmer trying to learn VC++ and have some
trouble with the intellisense. When I create a win32
dialog application using the wizard the intellisense
intially works. After I add buttons and other textboxes,
add functions and corresponding code using the app wizard
the intellisense suddenly stops working. I searched the
MSDN help and its states that intellisense is unavailable
when there is an incomplete function or a code error.
However, I get 0 errors and 0 warning when I compile the
source implying that coding errors are not the reason for
the unavailability of intellisense. The statement
completion options are checked in the tools menu but the
intellisense still doesn't work. Could someone please help.

Thanks

Raj



Sun, 01 May 2005 22:15:09 GMT  
 VC++ 6.0 - intellisense stops working after edit

Quote:
>When I create a win32
>dialog application using the wizard the intellisense
>intially works. After I add buttons and other textboxes,
>add functions and corresponding code using the app wizard
>the intellisense suddenly stops working.

It's a common problem :(

Try closing the solution, and delete the .ncb file. When you re-open
the project VC++ will recreate the file.

That usually fixes the problem - until it occurs again.

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq



Sun, 01 May 2005 23:32:51 GMT  
 VC++ 6.0 - intellisense stops working after edit
I am having a similar problem.  I am working on someone
else's code.  Whenever I add a function to a class
intellisense does not work in that function.  It only
works in the functions which were in the original code.  I
have no errors in the code either.  If you figure it out,
let me know.  

Quote:
>-----Original Message-----
>Hi

>I am a VB programmer trying to learn VC++ and have some
>trouble with the intellisense. When I create a win32
>dialog application using the wizard the intellisense
>intially works. After I add buttons and other textboxes,
>add functions and corresponding code using the app wizard
>the intellisense suddenly stops working. I searched the
>MSDN help and its states that intellisense is unavailable
>when there is an incomplete function or a code error.
>However, I get 0 errors and 0 warning when I compile the
>source implying that coding errors are not the reason for
>the unavailability of intellisense. The statement
>completion options are checked in the tools menu but the
>intellisense still doesn't work. Could someone please
help.

>Thanks

>Raj
>.



Sun, 01 May 2005 23:28:28 GMT  
 VC++ 6.0 - intellisense stops working after edit
Let me recommend Visual Assist, from Whole Tomato
http://www.wholetomato.com/

It's $79 and easily worth double that.  It does everything Intellisense
should but doesn't do, and more.

--
#include <standard.disclaimer>
 _
Kevin D Quitt  USA 91387-4454         96.37% of all statistics are made up
  Per the FCA, this address may not be added to any commercial mail list



Mon, 02 May 2005 01:41:18 GMT  
 VC++ 6.0 - intellisense stops working after edit
Thanks a lot David.

It works :-)

Quote:
>-----Original Message-----
>>When I create a win32
>>dialog application using the wizard the intellisense
>>intially works. After I add buttons and other textboxes,
>>add functions and corresponding code using the app
wizard
>>the intellisense suddenly stops working.

>It's a common problem :(

>Try closing the solution, and delete the .ncb file. When
you re-open
>the project VC++ will recreate the file.

>That usually fixes the problem - until it occurs again.

>Dave
>--
>MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
>.



Mon, 02 May 2005 13:01:32 GMT  
 
 [ 5 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. VC++ 6.0 Help has stopped working

2. Intellisense stopped working

3. Intellisense in VC++ 6.0 problem

4. IntelliSense in VC 6.0?

5. e: *HELP* After install Visual studio .Net, the Visual Studio Enterprise 6.0 stops working

6. *HELP* After install Visual studio .Net, the Visual Studio Enterprise 6.0 stops working

7. *HELP* After install Visual studio .Net, the Visual Studio Enterprise 6.0 stops working

8. Edit and Continue Stopped Working

9. Stop a screensaver in VC++ 6.0 under NT

10. DLL built with VC 6.0 not working with VC 7.0 application

11. Works in VC 5.0 not in VC 6.0

12. C++/ATL/ADO - Intellisense not working (statement completion options) not working

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software