Which dll's
Author Message
 Which dll's

Hi all,

I am trying to package my first VC++ application for deployment on 98,NT,2000. I
can't find any information or guidelines regarding which .dll's should be included
in my setup. I listed the dependencies and I am wondering if I should include any
dll's besides msvcrt.dll and mfc42.dll. I know that mfc42.dll is required as well
as msvcrt.dll. (At least I think msvcrt.dll should be packaged) What I am looking
for is the reccomended procedure. One pertinent question is "Which of my required
.dlls can I expect to be on the destination system? I have several very popular
books on MFC programming and none of them even mention deploying the finished
application.

Thanks for any pointers,

-Martin

Sun, 06 Jul 2003 03:28:11 GMT
 Which dll's
In MSDN you will find a topic "Redistributable Files" which covers most of
what you need including "Categories of Redistributable Files".
How are you installing your application?
If you have anything other than the simplest of applications you will need
to use an installer.

Nick

--

[...]

Sun, 06 Jul 2003 07:09:43 GMT

1. Creating dll's referencing legacy dll's

2. Mixing MFC Extension DLL's with Regular DLL's

3. importing a c++ class from a dll without linking with the dll's lib file

4. __argv fails in dll when using multi-threaded msvcrt dll's

5. How do you merge multiple DLL's into one DLL

6. Need Help Referencing another DLL's methods in a secondary DLL

7. Need Help Referencing another DLL's methods in a secondary DLL

8. Cleanup of explicit loaded DLL's in regular MFC DLL

9. Using a DLL's resources from another DLL

10. Unwanted use of 'OLEACC.dll'

11. calling Watcom DLL's form other compilers EXE's

12. Access violation in module 'MSVCRTD.dll'