Changing the default project settings
Author Message
 Changing the default project settings

Does anyone know a way to change the default project settings?

I've got literally hundreds of projects (and dozens of workspaces), each of
which has been manually set to the setting that I need to use (things like
multi-threaded libraries, warning level 4, aftermarket STL, etc).

I would like to somehow get MSVC 6 (SP3) to default to my project
settings...

--
Chris Mullins

Sun, 13 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Changing the default project settings
Don't know of a way to change the defaults, but you might try creating a
VBScript macro to make setting your common compiler/linker options easier.
The AddToolSettings and RemoveToolSettings methods of the Configuration
object are useful for this.

You could also create a dummy workspace, add a bunch of projects to it,
select all the configurations under Project -> Settings, and change all the
settings at once.

--Carter

Quote:

> Does anyone know a way to change the default project settings?

> I've got literally hundreds of projects (and dozens of workspaces), each
of
> which has been manually set to the setting that I need to use (things like
> multi-threaded libraries, warning level 4, aftermarket STL, etc).

> I would like to somehow get MSVC 6 (SP3) to default to my project
> settings...

> --
> Chris Mullins

Sun, 13 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Changing default project settings

2. Modifying Default Settings for all New Projects

3. default project settings

4. Project Settings->OLE Types, Setting Project Options problem

5. Change default Search settings ?

6. Changing the default printer settings for the entire system

7. How to change default directory settings in IDE for VC 6.0

8. Changing default settings in CPropertySheet ?

9. change project settings

10. Change language setting of a project

11. VC++ project setting -> settings for

12. Problem setting Additional Include Directories (in Project Settings)