using 16bit dll with win32 app
Author Message
 using 16bit dll with win32 app

I am trying to link a win3.0 dll to my win32 exe (done in MS VC++ 5.0).
Since the LIB file is not compatible, I have to use "LoadLibrary" instead.
But it always return error said "A device attached to the system is not
functioning".
I also tried to use "DllEntryPoint" instead, but the compiler keep whinning
about
the function is undeclared. Please help. Thanks

PS:There is a old win3.1 exe that use the same 16bit dll and it seem to work
fine under win95.

Later

===========
  Mo Ko
===========

Mon, 11 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 using 16bit dll with win32 app

You have to use a thunking layer to use a Win16 DLL from a Win32 program.
Look up generic thunks in the VC online help for all the details.

HTH

:
: I am trying to link a win3.0 dll to my win32 exe (done in MS VC++ 5.0).
: Since the LIB file is not compatible, I have to use "LoadLibrary" instead.
: But it always return error said "A device attached to the system is not
: functioning".
: I also tried to use "DllEntryPoint" instead, but the compiler keep whinning
: about
: the function is undeclared. Please help. Thanks
:
: PS:There is a old win3.1 exe that use the same 16bit dll and it seem to work
: fine under win95.
:
: Later
:
: ===========
:   Mo Ko
: ===========
:
:
:
:

/*  Andrew  */
WWW: http://www.halcyon.com/ast

Mon, 11 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 using 16bit dll with win32 app

As far as I know thunking works under win95/98 only, but not under NT

Bernhard

Tue, 12 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. using 16bit dll with win32 app

2. using 16bit dll with win32 app

3. 16bit App (WOW) Calling Win32 DLL which displays a DialogBox

4. 16bit App (WOW) Calling Win32 DLL which displays a DialogBox

5. Using DLL with Win32 API in a MFC app

6. q: calling win32-dll from within 16bit application

7. Connecting a console app and a WIN32 app using pipes

8. SendMessage() from 16bit app to 32bit dll and GPF

9. exchange data between 16bit dll and 16 app !

10. 16bit DLL & 32bit app

11. Linking TP 16bit DLL to 32 bit APP

12. Linking TP 16bit DLL to 32 bit APP