Opening shortcut file (.lnk) problem
Author Message
 Opening shortcut file (.lnk) problem

Hi,

I would like in my VC++ project to open some shortcut
files (*.lnk) to retrieve all the information they contain
(at least: "target", "start in" fields). When I try to
open the file, i get nothing readable.

Does it exist another way to get these attributes ?

Thanks a lot

Yvan

Fri, 02 Jul 2004 21:44:26 GMT
 Opening shortcut file (.lnk) problem

Quote:
>I would like in my VC++ project to open some shortcut
>files (*.lnk) to retrieve all the information they contain
>(at least: "target", "start in" fields). When I try to
>open the file, i get nothing readable.

>Does it exist another way to get these attributes ?

Yvan,

Use IShellLink.

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

Sat, 03 Jul 2004 01:33:25 GMT

1. Deleting Shortcuts (LNK files) Programmatically

2. making shortcut lnk files in C++

3. ShellExecute on .lnk files (shortcuts)

4. Extracting referenced filename from a shortcut(.lnk) file?

5. Deleting Shortcuts (LNK files) Programmatically

6. Deleting a Shortcut or .LNK file, How to....

7. HELP: How to make a Shortcut (.LNK)

8. How do I launch a shortcut (.LNK)?

9. How to open a linked (shortcut) file?

10. opening Shortcut to xxxxxx.yyy file with CFile?

11. Problem opening a file for read while it is open for write

12. Problem with opening binary files using open()