Insert New ATL Object
Author Message
 Insert New ATL Object

I'm using VC 5.0 running under NT 4.0 with SP3 installed.  When I attempt to
use the menu command 'Insert/New ATL Object', the ATL Object Wizard dialog
comes up empty!  If I logoff and login with the account that installed VC,
then the dialog comes up with entries in the two list type controls.  Is
this by design, and if not how do I flip a magic switch so that the Wizard
dialog works for all accounts?   Thanks.

Chris Meech

Sat, 17 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Insert New ATL Object
This is a problem with the VC 5.0 installer.  Search the Microsoft Knowledge
Base--there's a Knowledge Base article that explains how to copy the
necessary registry entries to your account.  Or, you could reinstall VC 5.0
from your account.

-- KDJ

Quote:

>I'm using VC 5.0 running under NT 4.0 with SP3 installed.  When I attempt
>use the menu command 'Insert/New ATL Object', the ATL Object Wizard dialog
>comes up empty!  If I logoff and login with the account that installed VC,
>then the dialog comes up with entries in the two list type controls.  Is
>this by design, and if not how do I flip a magic switch so that the Wizard
>dialog works for all accounts?   Thanks.

>Chris Meech

Sat, 17 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Errors trying to insert new ATL Object

2. Insert New ATL Object is Missing From The Context Menu

3. Trouble inserting new ATL object

4. Insert New ATL Object DIalog Missing

5. New ATL Object selection on Insert menu

6. Insert->New ATL Object ... disappeared

7. WTL - Very new to WTL - Trying to insert new COM object in WTL

8. ATL wizard fails to create new ATL object

9. Error Insterting new New ATL Object from Visual Studio

10. Errors trying to insert ATL Object with wizard

11. Insert ATL COM Object missing

12. can't insert ATL objects