linker error
Author Message
 linker error

I am working on someone else's code, and when i build the release version, i
get this linker error:

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "libm.lib"

it only happens after i make a change to a source file in the project.  The
top level project is dependent on 2 projects beneath it.  I checked the
project settings, but there is nothing that refers to libm.lib in any of the
projects, and the file is not present on my system.  Also, the 2 dependent
projects will build without any errors.

the debug version is having no problems with a build.

Thanks for any help.

Steve

Fri, 31 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 linker error
I don't think libm.lib is a VC++ file. There could be #prama comment
statements that are adding settings to the linker to link with libm.lib,
search through all the sources and see. Its possible that the Debug build
requires libmd.lib which is on your machine. Also check
Tools->Options->Directories to ensure that the library paths are correct
(provided the file exists).

Sat, 01 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 linker error
Thanks for the suggestion, i searched all the source & the libm.lib file was
not present.  I also checked the library paths & they are correct.  i may
try changing the release version settings to match the debug version and see
what happens.  then i can change the settings back 1 at a time

Steve

Sun, 02 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. linker error again: unusual fatal error LNK1104

2. linker error 2001/compiler error 2893(templates and friend clases involved)

3. Linker Error : Internal Error on Pass2

4. Friend linker error Visual C++ .NET 2003

5. Help on linker error

6. Linker error for .ctor and Finalize in managed classes

7. Namespaces generates linker errors

8. MC++ unnamed structs gives linker error

9. VC 7.0 Linker Error LNK2005, LNK4006, LNK1169 _DllMain@12 already defined in MyDll.obj

10. Linker Error LNK2001.

11. Various linker errors when compiling with /GZ

12. logging linker errors