Debugger memory-window crash solved
Author Message
 Debugger memory-window crash solved

Hi Folks,

Awhile ago I posted a message about a VC++ IDE de{*filter*} crash.
It would completely freeze up Win95 everytime I tried to open
the memory window.

It turned out the problem had something to do with my video driver.
I have a Trident Providia 9685.  There are four levels of graphics
hardware acceleration under Win95.  I experience this crash if I try
to use the upper two settings.  (Access the setting thru the Win95
Display Properties dialog, Settings tab, Advanced Properties button,
Advanced Display Properties Dialog, Performance tab.)

It took me a long time to figure out that this was the cause, so I
thought I'd post about it, in case anyone else is suffering like I
was.  Oddly, VC++ is the only program that appears to have this
conflict with my video drivers.  And even then only when opening or
resizing the memory window.  I wonder what that memory window code
is doing?

-Jim

Sun, 27 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Debugger memory-window crash solved

2. Solved: Borland C/C++ 3.1 crashes on Pentium

3. Print Preview Crash - Solved (thanks to Doug Sutherland)!

4. VC7 Debugger Crashes with System.ExecutionEngineException?

5. Microsoft Visual Studio .Net Debugger Crashing

6. help for solving memory problem

7. Visual Studio crashing while running debugger

8. Help debugger crashes system

9. Exiting the debugger crashes my system

10. OpenGL crashes in VC debugger

11. Debugger not invoked on DirectX renderer crash

12. Debugger not invoked at crash