How do I send the compiler output to a file
Author Message
 How do I send the compiler output to a file

HI,
 I am using a modified version of the AutoBld
AddIn that is a sample with VC5.0 to build my
application overnight.  I want to capture the
compiler output for each target and save it to a
file.  Does anybody know if this is possible and
if so how to do it?

Thanks
John

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 19 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I send the compiler output to a file
Tools->Options->Build->Write Build Log (.plg)

Each project will produce it's own .plg file.

-Andy

Quote:

> HI,
>  I am using a modified version of the AutoBld
> AddIn that is a sample with VC5.0 to build my
> application overnight.  I want to capture the
> compiler output for each target and save it to a
> file.  Does anybody know if this is possible and
> if so how to do it?

> Thanks
> John

Mon, 19 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I send the compiler output to a file

Quote:
> HI,
>  I am using a modified version of the AutoBld
> AddIn that is a sample with VC5.0 to build my
> application overnight.  I want to capture the
> compiler output for each target and save it to a
> file.  Does anybody know if this is possible and
> if so how to do it?

> Thanks
> John

I am also using this same utility, though I've customized it highly...  I
took all the .plg files, searched for the words warning or error, and
then I merge these into a file which I send via e-mail...  I also added
sourcesafe integration so that when the autobuild runs it automatically
goes out to sourcesafe and gets the latest source before building...  I'm
in the process of fixing a few bugs, but when I finish, I could send it
to you...  It's low priority to me but I'll probably have it taken care
of in the next couple of weeks...  Email me if you'd like it or if
anybody else would like it and I'll make an installer and give it to
you...

Wed, 12 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. TRACE - send output to file as well as window

2. Sending debug output window contents to a file

3. Custom Appwizards - add compiler options to output mak file

4. ANSI C Run Time Erroe to output data to the output file

5. VC 5 TRACE output to a file instead of the output window

6. MFC CDC HTML Output (ala Meta File Output)

7. PC Compiler Advice (About doing graphics)

8. what is this compiler doing? (resent)

9. what is this compiler doing? (resent)

10. stderr, determining where it sends its output.

11. sending output to a printer

12. Can't send output to printer