Getting/setting character position in an input field
Author Message
 Getting/setting character position in an input field

Is there a way to do this in VBScript?  I'm trying to write some mask
functions.
Jerry

--
______________

"Old programmers never die - they just get a fatal exception error." -
Jerry, 1998

Winpicks.com - http://www.*-*-*.com/
All the latest Windows 95/98/NT Software and all your favorite midi songs.
______________

Tue, 12 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Getting/setting character position in an input field

Quote:

>Is there a way to do this in vbscript?  I'm trying to write some mask
>functions.
>Jerry

    yes, you can do it with TextRange.  i found an example of type ahead
with dropdown list on msdn. it selects text in an input field...

Fri, 15 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help: Cursor Position in Input Field

2. Getting cursor position in TEXTAREA field

3. Getting inputted characters

4. setting insert position in input type=text

5. Access 97 field data character position definition

6. trouble setting position in input file

7. Setting the next input position to the end of a TextBox

8. Getting position of a relatively-positioned object

9. getting/setting mouse position

10. ADO recordset's memo field gets truncated at 254 characters

11. SET Field with non-print non-space character

12. Set Format and Input mask of existing field