Lookng for a function to XOR ip address and current time
Author Message
 Lookng for a function to XOR ip address and current time

Hi,

If some one has written a function that returns the XOR'd value of
"current time" (Now()) and the REMOTE_ADDRESS, I would appreciate if you
would not mind sharing it with me. or point e to right direction.

Whenever I try to do it, VBScript complains about the value to be to big
to fit in to a variant. I can divide both of them in smaller chunks then
XOR them and then concatenate them back but that would be a too indirect
of a solution.

Any help, tips would be appreciated. It will be great if you can e-mail
me.

Thanks and Regards,

--Shri

Fri, 07 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Lookng for a function to XOR ip address and current time
Why so many crossposts?  This is NOT a ".db" or ".components"
problem, obviously.

***********************

Quote:

>If some one has written a function that returns the XOR'd value of
>"current time" (Now()) and the REMOTE_ADDRESS, I would appreciate if you
>would not mind sharing it with me. or point e to right direction.

You can't do it, as is.

Now( ) can't be converted to an integer (at least not directly); it
is held internally as a double, and it really does NEED to be
a double in order to hold the data and time to the needed
accuracy.  The DATE is the integer portion of that double;
the time is the fractional part.

Thus:

    DateOnly = CDate( Fix( now ) )

Or
    DateAsLong = CLng( Fix( now ) )

So you will have to do it "in pieces", especially if you
want to include the time of day in the calculation.

Fri, 07 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Lookng for a function to XOR ip address and current time

2. Current IP address -> variable

3. Getting IP address of current machine with VB5

4. Getting IP address of current machine with VB5

5. Q: How to retrieve the current IP address in VB

6. Retrieving the current IP address of the local machine

7. Getting IP address of current machine with VB5

8. Getting IP address of current machine with VB5

9. Retrieving the current IP address of the local machine

10. Fetch IP Address for Current Machine

11. Getting current IP address ...

12. Help finding my current IP address in NT 4.0 Workstation