using CDO and CDONTS without SMTP
Author Message
 using CDO and CDONTS without SMTP

How (if) can I go about setting up CDO or CDONTS if I am not running SMTP ?
Also, which of the 2 is the best to use.  I will be using the body of the
email to interact with Access database so the body will contain some script.
Tanks in advance.

--
Stephen Edge
Test Engineer

Sat, 12 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 using CDO and CDONTS without SMTP

CDO a complete communication provider.
CDONTS.NewMail the easiet way to send mail.

Neither is better and both require some SMTP server somewhere. You probably
will need to use CDO as you need to choose a remote SMTP server to use (i
geuss). I do not believe that CDONTS provides this facility.

--
Dominic

Quote:
> How (if) can I go about setting up CDO or CDONTS if I am not running SMTP
?
> Also, which of the 2 is the best to use.  I will be using the body of the
> email to interact with Access database so the body will contain some
script.
> Tanks in advance.

> --
> Stephen Edge
> Test Engineer

Sat, 12 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Getting the SMTP Email address using CDO/MAPI/Outlook

2. CDO for NTS using a remote SMTP

3. Setting SMTP Header Properties Using CDONTS

4. smtp & vb using CDONTS.DLL

5. Send Mail using CDO or MAPI without using a profile

6. How to get SMTP address using CDO 1.21

7. Getting TO and CC SMTP Addresses using CDO?

8. How to send HTML email from outlook client without using CDONTS

9. sending email without using outlook or CDONTS

10. Send SMTP mail (with attachments), without using Outlook

11. Winsock SMTP Email Program without using forms

12. Sending SMTP email without using a form