Calling server-script from within client-script
Author Message
 Calling server-script from within client-script

Hello!

Can anyone solve the following problem: I am trying to create an online
order system. The order should be stored on the webserver by creating a
text file. This works fine so far. The Problem is: Can I call the
server-script which writes the file by pressing a button on the website?
For this I have to call a server script from within the
client-script-event-handler. But an error message tells me, that the
server-script-function is unknown. Is there a solution for my problem?

Mon, 22 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Calling server-script from within client-script
Andree,

You can, but a request needs to be sent to the server.

The function you want to call can be in an open script block.

You may want to load the same form back in with the submitted fields.

If you go database instead of text file,
 you may want to try RemoteScripting or Advanced Data Control.

--
Nic Roche
Net Extra

Quote:
> Hello!

> Can anyone solve the following problem: I am trying to create an online
> order system. The order should be stored on the webserver by creating a
> text file. This works fine so far. The Problem is: Can I call the
> server-script which writes the file by pressing a button on the website?
> For this I have to call a server script from within the
> client-script-event-handler. But an error message tells me, that the
> server-script-function is unknown. Is there a solution for my problem?

Fri, 26 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Calling server-script from within client-script

2. Calling Server Side Script from Client Side Script

3. Call Server Side Script From Client Side Script

4. calling server VB script with client JScript?

5. does anyone know how to call a server method from a client script

7. Help- Client script calling server side function

8. calling a script from within a script?

9. CGI Script Call from within VB Script

10. How to call a script within a script

11. Calling a script from within a script....

12. Calling a script from within a script....