"Rendering Script"
Author Message
 "Rendering Script"

I've got some client side script that uses an object model that resides
locally to generate some HTML reports. I would like to save this to a file
as plain HTML (sort of rendered, I guess) since this object model probably
will not be installed on another user's machine.

Is it possible to do this some how? Any tips?

Thanks!
Travis

Sat, 21 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 "Rendering Script"
If your client has SCRRUN.DLL then you can invoke the FileSystemObject

------------------------

Dim FileLocation

FileLocation = C:\testfile.html"

Set a = fso.CreateTextFile(FileLocation, True)

a.WriteLine("<HTML><TITLE>write out test</TITLE>This is a simple test to
save a file on a clients computer</HTML>")

a.Close

------------------------

Now, Don't get too e{*filter*}d.  The client is most likely not to have this DLL
installed unless they have installed visual interdev or they are running one
of the following microsoft servers.

-Personal Web Server
-IIS
-Small Business Server
-Site Server
-MCIS

Front page "might" install this file as well, but i have not looked into it.
If your client does not have this file, you may wish to make a CAB file to
store it in there C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\ or C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ directorys.

But wait... that is not all there is to it.

When the client loads this page and the script comes to the area to create
the object, you user may and probably will get a security issue asking if
they think it is ok to execute the script.  Remember - you are asking you
client browsers to manipulate there systems.  This is a very big issue
because it can litterally delete any file if you wished to do so just by
script.

Quote:

>I've got some client side script that uses an object model that resides
>locally to generate some HTML reports. I would like to save this to a file
>as plain HTML (sort of rendered, I guess) since this object model probably
>will not be installed on another user's machine.

>Is it possible to do this some how? Any tips?

>Thanks!
>Travis

Mon, 30 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. "Error:Fail to render page." problem

2. Disabling "BACK"/"FORWARD" buttons

4. Problem With "window.showmodaldialog("")"

5. Disabling "BACK"/"FORWARD" buttons

6. *"*-.,._,.-*"* I"LL TRADE VISUAL C++ FOR VBASIC *"*-.,_,.-*"*

7. How to Replace("String Irregular # of space", "?", "")

8. GetObject("","InternetExplorer.Application") fails in Excel VBA

9. SysCmd 603, "path","path"

10. Loop print "VARIABLE", "VARIABLE"

11. DLL or something like "#"#ยค#"!"#