How Do Microsoft Newsgroup Servers Work?
Author Message
 How Do Microsoft Newsgroup Servers Work?

To Any of the MVP's:

I have been using a number of Microsoft newsgroups though my ISP news
service.

Today I tried to directly connect to the msnew.microsoft.com news server and
found some but not all of the microsoft. news groups.  For example the MS
server only had microsoft.public.frontpage, while my local ISP news server
had microsoft.public.frontpage and microsoft.public.frontpage.client.  Are
all of these newsgroups hosted by Microsoft?  The Microsoft news group also
had substantially more of the old messages (back a few months vs. a week).

I also noticed that none of the messages that I had posted were available on
the Microsoft news server.  Many messages were on both.

How does all of this work?

Thanks for the assistance,
Dan

Sat, 13 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Where is work done on client or server?

2. Too many Microsoft JavaScript newsgroups

3. The Microsoft newsgroups browser on MSDN

4. Do Microsoft actually read their own newsgroups??

5. microsoft newsgroups

6. Microsoft newsgroups

7. microsoft newsgroups?

8. Need E-Mail Address to Microsoft or Newsgroup I can ask Sales Question

9. italian Microsoft newsgroup

10. MSDN Newsgroup Client not working

11. No Microsoft Transaction Server Type Library in Windows 2000 Advanced Server

12. VB Sql Server Via ADO Problem: [Microsoft][ODBC Sql Server Driver]