Global Class - needs help
Author Message
 Global Class - needs help

I have a VB Script Class custom class inside my ASP pages. Well..I want
to access this custom object to all my asp pages as global object and
change that member variables and access that values in other pages.

How can I achieve this task. Please help.

Cheers
Shaila

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 17 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Global Class - needs help
you *could* instantiate the object and place a reference of it in the
Application space... however... do you *really* need it to be an object?
can you get away with just Application("DSN") = "Driver..." and
Application("CurrentUsers") = 44?   It would be better.  Problems can arise
with threading issues with objects referenced on an application scope.

Quote:
> I have a VB Script Class custom class inside my ASP pages. Well..I want
> to access this custom object to all my asp pages as global object and
> change that member variables and access that values in other pages.

> How can I achieve this task. Please help.

> Cheers
> Shaila

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Mon, 17 Feb 2003 23:25:39 GMT
 Global Class - needs help
You can't store VBScript class instances at session or application level
scope.

See Eric Lippert's (MS Script Dev Team) article from MIND Magazine for the
reason why...

Using Classes with VBScript 5.0-- MIND November 1999
http://www.microsoft.com/mind/1199/classes/classes.htm

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Tue, 18 Feb 2003 11:40:19 GMT

1. Using Forms in Classes (beginner w/ classes needs help)

2. Beginner needs help accessing application's class

3. Urgent!Need help with Global Array

4. Help needed with global variables

5. need help with searching through Global Address List

6. Need Help Understanding Global.mpt

7. Need help using a global database variable

8. Load a class from the global.asa

9. Load a class from the global.asa

10. Global Class Decleration

11. if userform has global scope, it activates document that instantiated the class

12. problem with class in global.asax.vb file