About disable right mouse click on web page by using vbscript!!
Author Message
 About disable right mouse click on web page by using vbscript!!
How could i disable right mouse click on web page( thus we can not view the
source code etc...)
by using VBScript!!

Sun, 02 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 About disable right mouse click on web page by using vbscript!!

Quote:
>How could i disable right mouse click on web page( thus we can not view the
>source code etc...)
>by using vbscript!!

I do have a script for that, but that doesn't prevent people from viewing
the source. The script only prevents the rightmouse-button menu that
pops-up...

They can always view the source by the use of the 'menu'-key on the
'special' windows keyboard. Or use the 'view'->source in the menu of the
browser.

And of course they can also look at in the 'temporary internetfiles'.

So forget it, it's impossible to send information to the user without
revealing the source, coz the source is exactly that what you just gave him.

Greets,
DW Vissers

Sun, 02 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 About disable right mouse click on web page by using vbscript!!
Do you have a website where the source code that prevents the menu to
pop up is abailable?

Thank's
Dan

Quote:
> >How could i disable right mouse click on web page( thus we can not
view the
> >source code etc...)
> >by using vbscript!!

> I do have a script for that, but that doesn't prevent people from
viewing
> the source. The script only prevents the rightmouse-button menu that
> pops-up...

> They can always view the source by the use of the 'menu'-key on the
> 'special' windows keyboard. Or use the 'view'->source in the menu of
the
> browser.

> And of course they can also look at in the 'temporary internetfiles'.

> So forget it, it's impossible to send information to the user without
> revealing the source, coz the source is exactly that what you just
gave him.

> Greets,
> DW Vissers

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 03 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 About disable right mouse click on web page by using vbscript!!
Search Microsoft: Windows Script Encoder 1.0
--
Nelson E. Trujillo D.

ICQ#20997923
COLOMBIA

Mon, 03 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 About disable right mouse click on web page by using vbscript!!

Quote:

> So forget it, it's impossible to send information to the user without
> revealing the source, coz the source is exactly that what you just gave
him.
> Greets,
> DW Vissers

If your users are using IE, then you can prevent even that.(i'm not sure if NS
works like this, my task is for IE only)
Capture the onmousedown event (and check for which button was clicked),
capture the oncontextmenu event.  Your window should be opened with
toolbars off.  Disable page-cache in a META tag.  Now, unless the user
disables javascript, which wouldhave been needed to get to your toolbar-less
page, so they can't do that.  Now the only way they can see your source is if
they get a program that downloads source-only (like surfbear).

Good luck.  I havn't tried the oncontextmenu in netscape, it may work.

-Eric Pearson

Sun, 23 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 About disable right mouse click on web page by using vbscript!!
Try building the page via ASP send a formatted page to the user. then they
NEVER see the source code.

Quote:

> > So forget it, it's impossible to send information to the user without
> > revealing the source, coz the source is exactly that what you just gave
> him.
> > Greets,
> > DW Vissers

> If your users are using IE, then you can prevent even that.(i'm not sure
if NS
> works like this, my task is for IE only)
> Capture the onmousedown event (and check for which button was clicked),
> capture the oncontextmenu event.  Your window should be opened with
> toolbars off.  Disable page-cache in a META tag.  Now, unless the user
> disables javascript, which wouldhave been needed to get to your
toolbar-less
> page, so they can't do that.  Now the only way they can see your source is
if
> they get a program that downloads source-only (like surfbear).

> Good luck.  I havn't tried the oncontextmenu in netscape, it may work.

> -Eric Pearson

> --

Mon, 01 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. disable mouse right-click

2. Disabling the Right Mouse click in an application

3. MSGraph object: How do I Disable or ignore the Right Mouse click over the graph

4. Disable the right mouse click

5. MSGraph object: How do I Disable or ignore the Right Mouse click over the graph

6. Disabling right mouse click in standard textbox

7. Textbox - disable right mouse click

8. Need assistance to disable right mouse click/ or popup menu

9. Disabling popup menu on right-mouse click in Win95

10. MSGraph object: How do I Disable or ignore the Right Mouse click over the graph

11. MSGraph object: How do I Disable or ignore the Right Mouse click over the graph

12. help with subclassing to disable Right mouse clicks