Type Mismatch
Author Message
 Type Mismatch

I am calling a VB function from within my page, but
I am getting a Type Mismatch error. I have tested the values
through the vb function and it works but the moment the same
values are passed from with my page it returns the above mentioned
error

If anyone has any ideas I would be extremely gratefull
Thanks

Fri, 12 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Type Mismatch
Hi Matthew,
What function are you calling and what are you passing into it?
Thanks,
Dan
Quote:

>I am calling a VB function from within my page, but
>I am getting a Type Mismatch error. I have tested the values
>through the vb function and it works but the moment the same
>values are passed from with my page it returns the above mentioned
>error

>If anyone has any ideas I would be extremely gratefull
>Thanks

Fri, 12 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Type Mismatch
Using MTS?

One of the things I have found is that when you deminsion a variable in
VBScript it becomes a variant by default. As such if you pass it a number it
becomes an Integer, a string it becomes a string, etc...

Either change your vb com object to accept a variant or convert your
vbscript variable when you call the component.  IE  cstr(mystring),
cint(myinteger)

When you pass stuff you have to be explicit.

hth
Daryl Leger

Quote:

>I am calling a VB function from within my page, but
>I am getting a Type Mismatch error. I have tested the values
>through the vb function and it works but the moment the same
>values are passed from with my page it returns the above mentioned
>error

>If anyone has any ideas I would be extremely gratefull
>Thanks

Sat, 13 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Type Mismatch
vbscript knows only the datatype "variant" - so it cannot accept values of
any other type

so you must declare the parameters of your vb-function either as "variant"
or  "by value"

hth
    Reinhard

Quote:
> I am calling a VB function from within my page, but
> I am getting a Type Mismatch error. I have tested the values
> through the vb function and it works but the moment the same
> values are passed from with my page it returns the above mentioned
> error

> If anyone has any ideas I would be extremely gratefull
> Thanks

Mon, 15 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Prob. w\ TYPE data type: err:Type Mismatch

2. Type Mismatch - Array of Type Long

3. Type mismatch when the types are correct ?

4. Type mismatch on user defined data type

5. Type Mismatch reading from Access 2K of type Date

6. Passing user data type to function causes type mismatch error

7. function getting type mismatch

8. Type Mismatch Error

9. Type mismatch on array

10. Type mismatch on W2K Server