WSH and "Open File" dialog box
Author Message
 WSH and "Open File" dialog box

Greetings all...

I hope this is the appropriate group whom I should be asking, since WSH
employs both JScript and VBScript. (I posted this first to
microsoft.public.win98.pre-release but got no answer.) After some research,
it seems that VBScript has limited I/O support (only MsgBox() and
InputBox()). Does anyone know if there are plans in the future to implement
something like the "Open File" dialog box-- possibly in Windows98? Or does
this sort of thing require Visual C++ or Visual Basic?

I would appreciate any information.

Cheers,

dan kefford

Mon, 10 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 WSH and "Open File" dialog box

The FileSystemObject ships with WSH I believe.  That might do what you want.
Documentation is at www.microsoft.com/scripting.

Eric

Quote:
>Greetings all...

>I hope this is the appropriate group whom I should be asking, since WSH
>employs both JScript and VBScript. (I posted this first to
>microsoft.public.win98.pre-release but got no answer.) After some research,
>it seems that VBScript has limited I/O support (only MsgBox() and
>InputBox()). Does anyone know if there are plans in the future to implement
>something like the "Open File" dialog box-- possibly in Windows98? Or does
>this sort of thing require Visual C++ or Visual Basic?

>I would appreciate any information.

>Cheers,

>dan kefford

Mon, 10 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help with "File Open" dialog box

2. "Open With" dialog box

3. Using the common dialog "Open file"

4. Using a standard "File open" dialog

5. "Opener" of a modal dialog box

6. "Save as..." dialog box in script

7. "Find Files" dialog box

8. open dialog box "save as" or "open"

9. "Open..." dialog in Excel 2000 / VB

10. Open "Save as dialog"

11. How to launch "Open with..." dialog

12. Open-Dialog starting in "My Computer"-Directory