Optimizing ASP code (vbscript) ? 
Author Message
 Optimizing ASP code (vbscript) ?

Hi,

I'm looking for information how to optimize my ASP-pages.
I'm using VBScript and have got a page that takes around
45-60 secs to load, which is a BIT too much. Pages are on
PWS 4 and database is Oracle 7.3.4. I'm dynamically building
a select box from the DB data. Database fetch is
quite fast, but the actual ASP-code that builds the page
takes ages to complete.

Any websites or articles you know discussing this ?

Thank you,

Jari Pakarinen
Orion Corporation



Mon, 24 Feb 2003 17:10:22 GMT  
 Optimizing ASP code (vbscript) ?
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/server/asp/asptips.asp

25+ ASP tips to improve performance and style

-Chad


Quote:
> Hi,

> I'm looking for information how to optimize my ASP-pages.
> I'm using VBScript and have got a page that takes around
> 45-60 secs to load, which is a BIT too much. Pages are on
> PWS 4 and database is Oracle 7.3.4. I'm dynamically building
> a select box from the DB data. Database fetch is
> quite fast, but the actual ASP-code that builds the page
> takes ages to complete.

> Any websites or articles you know discussing this ?

> Thank you,

> Jari Pakarinen
> Orion Corporation



Mon, 24 Feb 2003 23:12:14 GMT  
 Optimizing ASP code (vbscript) ?

Just out of curiosity, how are you determining that the bottleneck is ASP?
IE is painfully slow when rendering some complex pages and that might in
fact be your bottleneck.

Quote:

>Hi,

>I'm looking for information how to optimize my ASP-pages.
>I'm using VBScript and have got a page that takes around
>45-60 secs to load, which is a BIT too much. Pages are on
>PWS 4 and database is Oracle 7.3.4. I'm dynamically building
>a select box from the DB data. Database fetch is
>quite fast, but the actual ASP-code that builds the page
>takes ages to complete.

>Any websites or articles you know discussing this ?

>Thank you,

>Jari Pakarinen
>Orion Corporation



Tue, 25 Feb 2003 06:00:46 GMT  
 Optimizing ASP code (vbscript) ?
Hi,

Well, it happened to be the db fetches. I have a select textbox
that I create from db and every line cretaed to the text box
additionally fetches TWO different sets of information from
the db, (i.e. two fetches per line in select box) so no wonder
it is slow. So it wasn't asp :)

Jari


Quote:

> Just out of curiosity, how are you determining that the bottleneck is ASP?
> IE is painfully slow when rendering some complex pages and that might in
> fact be your bottleneck.


> >Hi,

> >I'm looking for information how to optimize my ASP-pages.
> >I'm using VBScript and have got a page that takes around
> >45-60 secs to load, which is a BIT too much. Pages are on
> >PWS 4 and database is Oracle 7.3.4. I'm dynamically building
> >a select box from the DB data. Database fetch is
> >quite fast, but the actual ASP-code that builds the page
> >takes ages to complete.

> >Any websites or articles you know discussing this ?

> >Thank you,

> >Jari Pakarinen
> >Orion Corporation



Tue, 25 Feb 2003 21:17:39 GMT  
 Optimizing ASP code (vbscript) ?
Hi Chad,

Thanks for the info, great article with lots of good links.

Jari


Quote:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/server/asp/asptips.asp

> 25+ ASP tips to improve performance and style

> -Chad



> > Hi,

> > I'm looking for information how to optimize my ASP-pages.
> > I'm using VBScript and have got a page that takes around
> > 45-60 secs to load, which is a BIT too much. Pages are on
> > PWS 4 and database is Oracle 7.3.4. I'm dynamically building
> > a select box from the DB data. Database fetch is
> > quite fast, but the actual ASP-code that builds the page
> > takes ages to complete.

> > Any websites or articles you know discussing this ?

> > Thank you,

> > Jari Pakarinen
> > Orion Corporation



Tue, 25 Feb 2003 21:18:21 GMT  
 
 [ 5 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Optimizing ASP code (vbscript) ?

2. optimizing code

3. optimizing code

4. Question about optimizing code.

5. command in ASP/VBscript to convert date and time into a Hex code, ASCII code

6. command in ASP/VBscript to convert date and time into a Hex code, ASCII code

7. NEW VB, VBScript, ASP and VBA Source code and Controls

8. NEW VB, VBScript, ASP and VBA Source code and Controls

9. NEW VB, VBScript, ASP and VBA Source code and Controls

10. NEW VB, VBScript, ASP and VBA Source code and Controls

11. Help Optimizing Code

12. Optimizing code

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software