Download Tracking
Author Message
 Download Tracking

Is there anyway you can track to see if a user downloaded a program from
your website, and would it be possible to find out if the download failed or
if it was successful

Angus

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 08:52:23 GMT
 Download Tracking

As an example, you could do an anchor with the download, that also has an onclick event to open another page in a small hidden window, with a counter, that you then close. Success would be harder.

--

Mark L. Ferguson    Reply Only in Newsgroup
marfer's notes for OE 5.0 > http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/6386/IE_ng_notes.htm

Quote:

> Is there anyway you can track to see if a user downloaded a program from
> your website, and would it be possible to find out if the download failed or
> if it was successful

> Angus

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 09:49:20 GMT
 Download Tracking
easiest way would be to do this:

----------counter.asp---------

'Increment count:
'do this however you want...

'send user to file:
Response.Redirect(Request("file"))

-------------end-------------

Quote:
> Is there anyway you can track to see if a user downloaded a program from
> your website, and would it be possible to find out if the download failed
or
> if it was successful

> Angus

Tue, 25 Feb 2003 00:48:45 GMT

1. Download Tracking

2. Download Tracking

3. How can I track start/finish of download?

4. VB help needed: Tracking task downloads?

5. How to keep track of a download ?

6. MS Active X control downloads OK but home grown Active X Control will not download

7. MS Active X control downloads OK but home grown Active X Control will not download

8. UUID's or Tracking NUMber

9. Tracking Business Days

10. FSO / tracking history

11. How do I track the result of my redirect

12. Helpdesk / Call Tracking ASP Sample App