Sending XML string to server and recieving without DOM objects
Author Message
 Sending XML string to server and recieving without DOM objects

Problem : I need to get XML from an Excel spreadshhet to web server. Any way
to send the string to the server so that it can be read. Can use any
Microsoft objects on the client, but only 'standard' ASP on the server (ie.
CreateObject only implemented for some objects). I just need to get it
working with IIS as the server, and feel I must be missing something simple.

CANNOT USE MSXML objects on the server.

Note - The mXMLDocument  contains valid XML when the SendXML function is
called. When running this, server returns no form or querystring variables.

ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO RETRIEVE THE XML AT THE SERVER WOULD BE
APPRECIATED

David Burstin

Client side : ( In Excel )

Private Sub SendXML()

Dim oHTTP As WinHttp.WinHttpRequest

On Error GoTo ErrHandler

MsgBox "Please make sure that you are connected to the Internet. Order
processing may take up to a minute depending on your Internet connection
speed. Please wait for the next message before closing this spreadsheet.",
vbOKOnly + vbInformation, "Ready to Connect"

Set oHTTP = New WinHttp.WinHttpRequest

oHTTP.Open "POST", " http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;, False

oHTTP.send mXLMDocument.XML

Debug.Print oHTTP.responseText

If oHTTP.responseText = "Success" Then

MsgBox "Order submitted successfully", vbOKOnly + vbInformation, "Success"

Else

MsgBox "Error : " & oHTTP.responseText, vbOKOnly + vbCritical, "Submit
Failed"

End If

Exit Sub

ErrHandler:

MsgBox "Error : Please check you connection.", vbOKOnly + vbCritical,
"Submit Failed"

End Sub

Server side : (On IIS)

<%

dim strOut

dim objValue

strOut = "FORM : "

For each objValue in Request.Form

strOut = strOut & objValue

next

strOut = strOut & "QUERYSTRING : "

For each objValue in Request.QueryString

strOut = strOut & objValue

next

strOut = strOut & "SERVERVARIABLES : "

For each objValue in Request.ServerVariables

strOut = strOut & objValue

next

response.write(strOut)

%>

Mon, 07 Feb 2005 12:59:38 GMT

1. Distributing Delphi program

3. XML as string vs as DOM

4. ADO Recordset and XML DOM string???

5. Read XML using VB6 DOM 4.0 with Namespaces - See Sample XML

6. Sending & Recieving e-mail WITHOUT MAPI controls

7. Sending & Recieving e-mail WITHOUT MAPI controls

8. Sending & Recieving e-mail WITHOUT MAPI controls

9. Sending & Recieving e-mail WITHOUT MAPI controls

10. Help Needed: Sending/Recieving Text Strings over a LAN

11. Sending strings hich recieve data to API calls ?

12. XML DOM and HTML document DOM