Can I put a VBscript in an external file to be called upon by a html doc?
Author Message
 Can I put a VBscript in an external file to be called upon by a html doc?

Hello.

I'm not even sure if this is the right place to ask but I shall try...

I have a VBScript that's being used in several .html documents.   Currently
I have an exact copy of the code in each on of the pages.

I'd like to, if possible, put the 200+ lines of VBscript code in a single
external document to be called upon by all the .html pages that would like
to use it.

This would be similar to placing JavaScript code in a whatever.js file and
the referring to it as such in the <head>:

<script language="JavaScript.2" fptype="dynamicanimation" src="animate.js">
    </script>

Can anyone help or at least point me to where I may find the answer.

Thanks.

David K. McCutcheon

Tue, 28 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Can I put a VBscript in an external file to be called upon by a html doc?
You have already answered your question. Much like the js files, vbscript
files can be linked.

<script language="VBScript" src="mysource.vbs"></script>

HTH,

Ted White
Intelesoft

<script language="JavaScript.2" fptype="dynamicanimation" src="animate.js">

Quote:
>    </script>

Fri, 31 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Can I put a VBscript in an external file to be called upon by a html doc?
Thanks Ted.

David McCutcheon

Fri, 31 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Calling an external ASP file from normal HTML

2. How to change or save a MS Word file (*.doc) to a *.html file in VBScript

3. Accessing an external file from a html file

4. Calling externals DLLs from VBscript

5. Calling externals DLL's in VBscript

6. need help to put hyperlink in vba-html-file

7. Calling vbscript from asp page to print Word doc

8. how to call code from an external file

9. call external vbs file as subroutine

10. how to call code from an external file

11. Calling external vbs files

12. calling document.write from external .js file