Need to read file properties through ASP Webpage
Author Message
 Need to read file properties through ASP Webpage

Quote:

> All,

> I need to be able to read the properties of a picture file through
> VBScript on an ASP webpage.  For example, in the attached picture, I
> want to be able to read such things as the "Lesn Aperture" or the
> "Shutter Speed, or perhaps the "F-Number".  You can see these as part
> of the JPEG by going right clicking the file, going to properties,
> summary and advanced (Windows XP).

> How can I read this information from the file through ASP/VBScript to
> display to the webpage?  Any ideas?

ExtendedProperty Method (ShellFolderItem)
http://www.*-*-*.com/

P.S. - There really wasn't any need to attach a 104 KB jpeg.

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Technet Script Center
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 26 Oct 2005 07:26:40 GMT

1. Need to read file properties through ASP Webpage

2. Need to read file properties through ASP Webpage

3. problems with windows 2000, delphi5, dbe and oracle 8

4. 2Q: Skewing an object - and 16M color modes

5. sequence problem...

6. Webpage: how can I read the content of a webpage

7. Help needed on reading/updating mutivalued property

8. File Properties - Summary Tab - Read and Write Properties

9. How to read Activex Document EXE property from VB Script or ASP

10. Delphi with large SQL databases (Oracle)

11. ASP: Uploading files from a webpage?

12. Reading File Properties of Schannel.dll