Releasing Class Objects - Server side script
Author Message
 Releasing Class Objects - Server side script

I am loading a class object using

set tvar = server.createobject("objectname")

then using

set tvar = nothing

The problem is that the dll does not seem to get released.  I get permission
denied when I try to rebuild it.

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance!

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 14:38:32 GMT
 Releasing Class Objects - Server side script
Hi,

It seems like you're using a DLL from a web app, right? In that case,
the DLL is cached by IIS/MTS, and you have to stop the IISAdmin Service
in order to release it. Alternatively, unload the web app that's
holding the reference.

Regards,

    /Olof

Quote:
> I am loading a class object using

> set tvar = server.createobject("objectname")

> then using

> set tvar = nothing

> The problem is that the dll does not seem to get released.  I get
permission
> denied when I try to rebuild it.

> Any ideas?  Thanks in advance!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 17:28:55 GMT

1. Releasing Class Objects - Server side script

2. Releasing Class Objects - Server side script

3. ASP referring to server side variables in client side script

4. Client side and Server side script working together

5. server-side data into client-side object

6. Client side scripting / server side scripting

7. Accessing Data generated with client-side script from server-side script

8. Calling Server Side Script from Client Side Script

9. Call Server Side Script From Client Side Script

10. Client side scripting / server side scripting

11. Business Object and Server-side Scripting

12. Jscript client-side and server-side objects