What is it with ME...keyword
Author Message
 What is it with ME...keyword

I have a file I'm developing for IE4.0. It works just fine on my machine
(doesn't it always); however, on a user's machine I get an error when I try
to use the ME keyword see listing 1.

I have rewritten the code into JavaScript (see listing 2) and it works fine.
I don't mind doing it in JavaScript but I would like to know why this
doesn't work on user's systems like it does on mine.

So my question is, why does it work on my machine (oh and other developers
that have looked at it) but not users? I assume that is has something to do
with the VBScript interpreter on my machine, but I don't know that.

If it is an interpreter, how can I check the user's system and, if it is not
the latest, download the latest from Microsoft?

listing 1.
 <th language=vbscript
 onMouseOver="me.style.background='#cfc0b6'"  < ------- ERROR
 onMouseOut="me.style.background='#b7a397'"  < -------- ERROR
 onClick="location='pp_list_deals.asp?sortBy=Type&order=ASC'">Type</th>

listing 2.
 <th
 onMouseOver="this.style.background='#cfc0b6'"  < ------- No error
 onMouseOut="this.style.background='#b7a397'"  < ------- No error
 onClick="location='pp_list_deals.asp?sortBy=Type&order=ASC'">Type</th>

Thanks in advance.

Mark Oehler

Mon, 03 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

3. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

4. When is 5:00 AM not 5:00 AM? When it's 5:00 AM.

5. Optional keyword

6. IIS Not Supporting New Keyword in Set Expression

7. this-keyword and custom objects member variables accessing

8. keyword Nothing

9. Please Help: Keyword and Date Fields

10. How to obtain values for PPD keywords?

11. const keyword in javascript

12. Help with 'this' keyword