FileSystemObject question
Author Message
 FileSystemObject question

When getting to this line IE5.01 always displays the warning "Some software
(ActiveX controls) on this page might be unsafe to run" and so on. I went to
the security settings and set everything related to the ActiveX controls to
Enable, but it just keeps asking. Any ideas?

Mon, 05 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 FileSystemObject question
The FileScriptingObject is a COM object that is not marked safe for
scripting.  This is by design.

The only way around this (and we use this on our Intranet) is to have people
that use your app manually set their security from medium to custom, and in
the first three options of the custom dialog, set the values to enable.
This opens their browser wide open, but if they trust you, then this is no
issue.  Use the FileScriptingObject to your heart's desire...

Note that any custom control that you create that allows script to create,
delete, or manipulate files cannot be signed as safe for scripting as they
obviously pose a huge security threat to the user.

HTH,
Tony

Quote:
>   Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

> When getting to this line IE5.01 always displays the warning "Some
software
> (ActiveX controls) on this page might be unsafe to run" and so on. I went
> the security settings and set everything related to the ActiveX controls
> Enable, but it just keeps asking. Any ideas?

Tue, 06 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 FileSystemObject question
There is a knowledge base article to take care of such errors. Please refer
to that. Also yuor comcat.dll might be corrupted.
This could be the reason for such errors.
Thanks
~College Guy~

Quote:
>   Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

> When getting to this line IE5.01 always displays the warning "Some
software
> (ActiveX controls) on this page might be unsafe to run" and so on. I went
> the security settings and set everything related to the ActiveX controls
> Enable, but it just keeps asking. Any ideas?

Sat, 31 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 FileSystemObject question
The IE demands  that all object  which are running on the page have to
support IObjsafe interface.
It looks like the FileSystemObject does not.  It clear why since it is not
so safe for your users that you have access to
the their disk. I think you can avoid it by build up the wrapper which will
support this interface. Here an example in MSDN in attachment.
By the way, if you use the IE as server in some your application there is
some property , which define that you use it on local machine and it does
not demand
testing of control safety. Unfortunately I don't remember which one - just
look in MSDN.
    Best Regards, Michael

Quote:
> There is a knowledge base article to take care of such errors. Please
refer
> to that. Also yuor comcat.dll might be corrupted.
> This could be the reason for such errors.
> Thanks
> ~College Guy~

> >   Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

> > When getting to this line IE5.01 always displays the warning "Some
> software
> > (ActiveX controls) on this page might be unsafe to run" and so on. I
went
> > the security settings and set everything related to the ActiveX controls
> > Enable, but it just keeps asking. Any ideas?

begin 666 Iobjsafe.zip
<encoded_portion_removed>

Thu, 19 Sep 2002 04:00:00 GMT
 FileSystemObject question

Local file system HTML (local drives, not network shares) is in the "My Computer" security zone (the
...Zones\0 key described in the following KB article).

Description of Internet Explorer Security Zones Registry Entries
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q182/5/69.asp

I've attached a script that will make the "My Computer" zone visible in IE's security dialog to make
it easy to customize without hacking the registry directly.

--
Michael Harris
MVP Scripting

The IE demands  that all object  which are running on the page have to
support IObjsafe interface.
It looks like the FileSystemObject does not.  It clear why since it is not
so safe for your users that you have access to
the their disk. I think you can avoid it by build up the wrapper which will
support this interface. Here an example in MSDN in attachment.
By the way, if you use the IE as server in some your application there is
some property , which define that you use it on local machine and it does
not demand
testing of control safety. Unfortunately I don't remember which one - just
look in MSDN.
    Best Regards, Michael

Quote:
> There is a knowledge base article to take care of such errors. Please
refer
> to that. Also yuor comcat.dll might be corrupted.
> This could be the reason for such errors.
> Thanks
> ~College Guy~

> >   Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

> > When getting to this line IE5.01 always displays the warning "Some
> software
> > (ActiveX controls) on this page might be unsafe to run" and so on. I
went
> > the security settings and set everything related to the ActiveX controls
> > Enable, but it just keeps asking. Any ideas?

  ShowMyComputerZone.vbs
1K Download

Thu, 19 Sep 2002 04:00:00 GMT

1. FileSystemObject Question

2. A fileSystemObject Question

3. FileSystemObject Question

4. FileSystemObject Question

5. Another FileSystemObject Question

6. FileSystemObject question.

7. Newbie FileSystemObject question

8. 1st posting - FileSystemObject question

9. Scripting.FileSystemObject question

10. FileSystemObject Question

11. A newbie FileSystemObject Question

12. FileSystemObject Question