Create IIS Virtual Directory Automatically
Author Message
 Create IIS Virtual Directory Automatically

I'm writing an ActiveX control in VB5 that will make a copy of one web
directory to a new name on the server.  The problem I have is that I don't
know the best way to create the virtual directory on IIS without any user
intervention.  so far I can't get anything to work and I don't know if it's
cause I'm doing it all wrong or am missing files or what!
Currently running IIS 3.0.

Does anyone know what the best thing I could use for this?

Thanks
Anne-Marie

Sun, 06 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Create IIS Virtual Directory Automatically

Take a look at the getsetting and setsetting methods in VB5.  With these
you should be able to tweak the registry and get a new virtual server set
up.  The virtual roots look (just on a quick glance I am doing) to be
stored in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\W3SVC\Parameters\VirtualRoo
ts (or something close to that)

LL&P

Quote:
> I'm writing an ActiveX control in VB5 that will make a copy of one web
> directory to a new name on the server.  The problem I have is that I
don't
> know the best way to create the virtual directory on IIS without any user
> intervention.  so far I can't get anything to work and I don't know if
it's
> cause I'm doing it all wrong or am missing files or what!
> Currently running IIS 3.0.

> Does anyone know what the best thing I could use for this?

> Thanks
> Anne-Marie

Sun, 06 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Create IIS Virtual Directory Automatically

You might want to investigate how it is done in Microsoft's own code:

\WINNT\system32\inetsrv\iisadmin\iiaction.asp

--

Ken Cox [MVP]
http://kencox.corinet.com/kenc

Quote:

>I'm writing an ActiveX control in VB5 that will make a copy of one web
>directory to a new name on the server.  The problem I have is that I don't
>know the best way to create the virtual directory on IIS without any user
>intervention.  so far I can't get anything to work and I don't know if it's
>cause I'm doing it all wrong or am missing files or what!
>Currently running IIS 3.0.

>Does anyone know what the best thing I could use for this?

>Thanks
>Anne-Marie

Sun, 06 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Create IIS Virtual Directory Automatically

2. create a file type for a virtual directory in IIS using a command line script

3. Creating IIS Virtual Directories on the Fly

4. Using AppGetStatus on IIS web directory or virtual directory object

5. Listing IIS virtual directories

6. Add virtual directory for IIS using VB (or Win32API)

7. IIS virtual directory subfolder question

8. IIS Virtual Directory deleting

9. Files in IIS virtual directory

10. Virtual Directory on IIS

11. Creat Virtual directory in IIS