VB select distinct Fax, Co_nam from tableA doesn't
Author Message
 VB select distinct Fax, Co_nam from tableA doesn't

Quote:

> I am using VB to run a select query to unique the fax number from a table,

but it only work when I use following query:
Quote:

>     select distinct Fax from tableA where fax is not null

> if I use

>     select distinct Fax, Co_nam from tableA

> the result doesn't unique the fax number.

You're not requesting a unique Fax, you're requesting that all lines
returned are unique. So if the Fax is the same but the Co_Nam is different
you'll get two rows.
Joe

Tue, 27 Apr 2004 23:59:28 GMT

1. DDE - Delphi and MsWord

2. VB select distinct Fax, Co_nam from tableA doesn't

3. VB select distinct Fax, Co_nam from tableA doesn't

4. VB select distinct Fax, Co_nam from tableA doesn't

5. VB select distinct Fax, Co_nam from tableA doesn't

6. TQuery created on the fly..How to access fields without Fields Editor?

7. calculator program( Stack and queues)

8. vb Select * from tableA?How to select record from 1000 to 2500

9. vb Select * from tableA?How to select record from 1000 to 2500

10. vb Select * from tableA?How to select record from 1000 to 2500

11. vb Select * from tableA?How to select record from 1000 to 2500

12. vb Select * from tableA?How to select record from 1000 to 2500