VBScript and NT Login Scripts - Group membership?
Author Message
 VBScript and NT Login Scripts - Group membership?

I'm trying to write my first WSH script and I can't find support for NT
groups.
I'll admit that I'm a novice in this area but have been searching for
this info and have come up with squat so far.  All I want to accomplish is -
if a user is a member of a group then map this drive (endif).   What am I
missing?

Thanks in advance ...
Shawn Adamsson

Thu, 31 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VBScript and NT Login Scripts - Group membership?

You want ADSI v2
It's on MSDN online ...
http://premium.microsoft.com/msdn/library/?FinishURL=/msdn/library/

Under SDK Documentation/Platform SDK/Networking

I use the following...
Set GroupAD=GetObject("WinNT://DomainName/GroupName")
If GroupAD.IsMember(UserString)

where UserString is of the form "WinNT://DomainName/" & WSHNetwork.UserName

Quote:

>I'm trying to write my first WSH script and I can't find support for NT
>groups.
>I'll admit that I'm a novice in this area but have been searching for
>this info and have come up with squat so far.  All I want to accomplish
is -
>if a user is a member of a group then map this drive (endif).   What am I
>missing?

>Thanks in advance ...
>Shawn Adamsson

Sat, 02 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. VBScript NT Login Script - checking for group membership

2. Testing for NT Group membership within VB Script

3. error when checking for NT group membership

4. Checking NT Group Membership

5. Testing NT 4 Group Membership

6. Determining NT Global Group Membership???

7. Checking for NT Domain Group Membership

8. Checking NT Group Membership

9. Getting NT group membership with WSH

10. Capturing logged-on user's Group Membership on NT 4 Network

11. Using VBScript in NT Login Script

12. I will use JScript or VBScript as login-Script NT-Server