newbie questions
Author Message
 newbie questions

If I were to enable VBScript on my Windows XP Pro, is there a way to limit
only certain scripts  to run while any other   default to "not runnable"?

if there is, how? and how to enable vbscript? do I have to install the
entire .net SDK?

Also if I were to install .net SDK,, what is the best practice to limit
vulnerability from internet and virus attack?

Mon, 27 Dec 2004 01:39:59 GMT
 newbie questions
:: If I were to enable vbscript on my Windows XP Pro, is there a way to
:: limit only certain scripts  to run while any other   default to "not
:: runnable"?

Providing a Secure eXPerience
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnclinic/html/scripting100820...

::
:: if there is, how? and how to enable vbscript? do I have to install
:: the entire .net SDK?
::
:: Also if I were to install .net SDK,, what is the best practice to
:: limit vulnerability from internet and virus attack?

.NET has nothing to do with WSH.  Everything you need for running WSH hosted scripts is already installed on XP as part of the OS.

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Mon, 27 Dec 2004 09:44:43 GMT
 newbie questions
thank you very much.

[...]

Wed, 29 Dec 2004 01:33:43 GMT

1. verschl├╝sselung

2. Newbie question: Session_OnEnd question

3. Resizing forms question (newbie question)

4. Access97 VBA newbie question

5. Newbie Question: Understanding Syntax

6. Newbie question:

7. Newbie Questions About DAO Queries to SQL Server

8. Brand newbie questions

9. Newbie question

10. Newbie question: open file

11. vba Newbie Question

12. Newbie Question: Getting the Values from Calculated controls into a table